New Member, New Polara

View attachment 662774

View attachment 662775

More tub progress. Been rained out the last few days, next week is looking like rain too. Hopefully I can finish rattlecaning this thing before the rains start.

During monsoon season 2, I'm thinking I'll start fabbing the new footwell. I figure the best way to do it is pie cuts on a strip of metal already bent to the correct radius. I can also start blasting apart the LR corner too, as I need to fab most of it before the new floor goes in.

Not sure if i want to hit the spare wheel zone with the bedliner or not. Factory correct would be the silver, but grandpa had it painted black when the bodywork was done. Not sure.
Looking great!

IMG_8982.JPG

Trying to figure out the pie cuts on the footwell. Is there a better way to do this? This sucks.

IMG_8986.JPG

IMG_9003.JPG

IMG_8995.JPG

Also i was looking at the front stub frame mounting situation. Pretty bad.

So bad, I'm not even sure what i'm looking at here. We have a blind locating hole in the stub itself, which mates to a plate that appears to take the rotational resistance from the tortion bars. But it's so rotted out I can't tell.

It looks like it bolts straight to the rocker with two bolts perpendicular to the bracket. Is this a seperate piece I can take off, fab, and simply bolt back on?

Can anyone take a photo of that bracket on their car for me? I have no idea what i'm looking at now.

Though the actual main hard points the stub bolts to look okish, it looks like the front end is going to be as fun as the rear...

Last edited:
IMG_9032.JPG

IMG_9033.JPG

IMG_9037.JPG

Rattlecan restoration is going well. The cap matched well but it seems to turn out a little brighter than advertised. Close enough at least.

I think it's finally getting welded in this weekend. For realsies this time.

For what i've spent on spray paint, I should've just bought a compressor and spray gun. Might still do it for the main floor, I'm not sure.

Also remains the issue of the weld holes. Naieve me didn't expect to need the tubs and drilled out the welds fully. It makes more sense to repair the floor flange as that's easier to weld to. I'm not sure if it's less effort to plug weld fill each hole individually or to replace the flange whole cloth with 30 feet of weld. A rod for my own back either way.

Last edited:
Back