WANTED 1965 Sport Fury 4 speed onsole or console plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
Converting my 65 Sport Fury to a 4 speed and only lack the plate where the shifter goes through in the console. My console is in great condition but it has the automatic shifter plate in the center of the console. Prefer just the plate and shifter boot..... but will consider buying complete console.

Thanks, Andy

Converting my 65 Sport Fury to a 4 speed and only lack the plate where the shifter goes through in the console. My console is in great condition but it has the automatic shifter plate in the center of the console. Prefer just the plate and shifter boot..... but will consider buying complete console.

Thanks, Andy
Here's a good fiberglas repop. Looks great, just fiberglas instead of aluminum

1964-65 4-Speed Console Top Plate

Thank you. Now that I see it it is hard to believe how much further forward the 4 speed shifter is than the automatic. Looks like it will be right in front of the tachometer in the console. Not sure if the tachometer is stock but it is definitely old school and factory looking.

Thank you. Now that I see it it is hard to believe how much further forward the 4 speed shifter is than the automatic. Looks like it will be right in front of the tachometer in the console. Not sure if the tachometer is stock but it is definitely old school and factory looking.
You have automatic with tach? Tach is unusual on an auto.
Usually had vacuum gauge. Tach is same as stick tach.
Got a pic?
There was an effort to repop console tachs because originals are so expensive. Looks similar but not same as an original. Sure beats spending $500 or more for a factory console tach!

I think the Chryslers were the only ones with the vacuum gauge, and the console top plate was different to accommodate it.

You have automatic with tach? Tach is unusual on an auto.
Usually had vacuum gauge. Tach is same as stick tach.
Got a pic?
There was an effort to repop console tachs because originals are so expensive. Looks similar but not same as an original. Sure beats spending $500 or more for a factory console tach!

Here is a picture of the tachometer which is in my 65 Sport Fury console. Factory tach or aftermarket?
65 Fury Tach.jpg

Aftermarket. I have one on a shelf, I'll try remember to get a pic of it for you.

Okay then, here's the correct console mounted tach for a 65, shown with the required sending unit.
upload_2017-9-27_10-56-4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back