For Sale 1968 Chrysler New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Reaction score
Contact seller
This isn't mine but I've had eyes on it for a long time and it seems it just came up for sale so I did my C Body dork duty n popped by to have a quick look!

1968 Chrysler Newyorker 440, 61,000 miles. Runs beautifully, only issue I found was a leaky right bank valve cover. Power windows (not vents)rear two are sticky but work. cruise control, non a/c car. Interior is very clean, no splits anywhere. All glass is intact, vinyl on passenger side is loose from the upper trim but the metal is all still solid. All solid looking around the rear window.
Kinda weird checking on trunk lid... couldn't really find a repair line but the paint is checking in a was the rest of the car has not. No signs of filler though. Sills are all super clean, tiny bit of crapola happening on the bottom of the doorskin seam... nothing horrible.
Tires are pretty good. I'd say she'd make a hell of driver as is... gentlemans name is Bob
860 871 1355
IMG_2823.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2829.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2825.JPG
IMG_2824.JPG

Based on those pics, that looks like a good car to buy, and price is not unreasonable.
I'd hate to pay that for a 4-door, but sure looks like you'd be getting your money's worth.

Based on those pics, that looks like a good car to buy, and price is not unreasonable.
I'd hate to pay that for a 4-door, but sure looks like you'd be getting your money's worth.
I was quite surprised at the condition, myself. He wasn't able to confirm if the car was native to New England but based on the undercoating I'd say it was from somewhere in the northeast.
I've already got Bev though so I'm just hoping someone takes her home.

I don't know about the price,
I have a 67' New Yorker four door hardtop in the same condition, and I would be willing to take $3500 for it.

A couple of years ago of years ago I would've agreed with that mentality, but I know what I've got in mine now and it still needs paint. If it's a s good as the pictures you're way ahead in the game.

This car is still for sale. The gent that was selling it passed away apparently and now his kid is selling it. It's clearly not being cared for anymore at all. It's missing a hub cap and is dirty as hell. .. price has come down a whopping 500 bucks.

I have a feeling I'm going to wind up going over there this weekend with about 4,000 and plunking it down on the hood. If he doesn't take it, I can't do much more than that but I gotta try. I just can't stand to see this one in the mud.

Sad that the old man died, but that'll happen to all of us and nothing we can do about it.
Sounds like you can do something about the car, though.
Figure out a way to gently make the son realize that as the condition continues to deteriorate, so will your offer - as will the offers from the buyers that will come after you.

Sad that the old man died, but that'll happen to all of us and nothing we can do about it.
Sounds like you can do something about the car, though.
Figure out a way to gently make the son realize that as the condition continues to deteriorate, so will your offer - as will the offers from the buyers that will come after you.
That's the key. It's worth the conversation and the offer, anyway. At least at the asking price it wont be in a derby any time soon. Just for anyone who'd want to put the work in to keep it on the road, he's gotta slide a bit.

Damn, I believe this is gone. Hasn’t been in the yard for about four days and I tried the number I had but never got a call back.
I hope it found a good home.

Prolly better I don’t buy something to drive while restoring Bev.... got a nice mental balance going. Don’t want to jostle it.

Prolly better I don’t buy something to drive while restoring Bev.... got a nice mental balance going. Don’t want to jostle it.
When I first read you were going after it I thought wait a minute didn't he just start a full restoration on his car? Glad to see that reason prevailed and we can see your car get the attention it deserves. :thumbsup:

When I first read you were going after it I thought wait a minute didn't he just start a full restoration on his car? Glad to see that reason prevailed and we can see your car get the attention it deserves. :thumbsup:
Yup. Just glad someone got there before me. That would have been hilarious.
Still, hope she found a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back