For Sale 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 2dr Fastback Coupe **One Owner** - $12500

Status
Not open for further replies.

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a 'Odd' one... Haven't seen this ad here and nothing came back in a forum search New? oh BTW not mine.

1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 2dr Fastback Coupe **One Owner** - $12500 (Stanley, WI)

01111_hpBD0X6HfgI_600x450.jpg

00T0T_l2WEW5dvPhv_600x450.jpg

00v0v_4MQfJcTL0TR_600x450.jpg

Unrestored, One Owner Survivor! 2dr. Fastback Coupe - 17,073 produced in 1968. Excellent original condition, runs and drives very well. Mileage per owner is actual 128k. 318 V8, 3spd on the column. Great interior. Solid overall car with just a little rust in the rear quarters. Drive and enjoy as is, or make this the perfect candidate for a restoration. Please contact us for more info, or to make a reasonable offer and make this one yours.

MORE PICS AT WWW.CODYSCLASSICCARS.COM

post id: 6396914829 posted: 7 days ago

Fender Tag an more quality photos at dealers site.

(edit to add link)

Last edited:
Nice car but 12.5K for a 318 manual on the column with rusty quarters???:BangHead:

Yea I'm starting to see the prices getting really really really stupid.

Must be the Holiday Season...

Saw a 4dr Fury sedan at a completely stupid price... more than that 1967 Black 4spd Fury up in MA.

A 3 spd stick SF... wow, that is rare. Fast Top w/no vinyl at that. ✔️✔️
I'm guessing the guy who ordered it really wanted a 4 spd. but it was disco'd in '68.
Not enthused about the price tho.... As is, the car
still needs more money thrown into it.

3spd stick? don't see no stick ona the floor... 3spd column, don't understand the disco'd in '68 either, maybe a 4spd wasn't available with the 318 but I can remember a friend back in the 70's tried to 1 up my PK21 with a 68 Fury 383 4spd vert, no console if I remember correctly. Rot box, and no 440 pffft, don't care for verts either.

I like this car, it's the approximately color that I painted my first PK21, can't remember why I painted it, and I did paint it myself. It was a lighter silver metallic blue originally, just liked the darker blue I guess or maybe I was trying to shake off the previous owners notoriety?

The interior reminds me of my 68 Fury III Fast Top but in much nicer condition and minus the Sport Fury buckets, (Split bench). Funny this car must of spent most of it's life on the highway for 128k miles as the clutch pedal is pretty pristine.

3spd stick? don't see no stick ona the floor... 3spd column, don't understand the disco'd in '68 either, maybe a 4spd wasn't available with the 318 but I can remember a friend back in the 70's tried to 1 up my PK21 with a 68 Fury 383 4spd vert, no console if I remember correctly. Rot box, and no 440 pffft, don't care for verts either.
Picky picky. "Stick" was easier to write than "manual shifter on the column" Can't imagine anyone thinking a C-body arriving from the factory with a manual 3 spd on the floor.
No C-body ever had a SB and a 4 spd manual.
4 Spds no longer available in 68 on any C-body. (Wait for it... Someone always pipes in and says they knew a guy who's uncle worked at a dealership where he drove a 68 300 4 spd. Show me the VIN thank you very much).

To clarify, 1968 is the last year for a 4 speed C Body but a 4 speed was NEVER available with a 318 in a C Body. 1969 is the year when a C Body could no longer be had with a 4 speed. A Hurst shifter became available in a C Body mid-year in 1968.

I like this car, it's the approximately color that I painted my first PK21, can't remember why I painted it, and I did paint it myself. It was a lighter silver metallic blue originally, just liked the darker blue I guess or maybe I was trying to shake off the previous owners notoriety?

The interior reminds me of my 68 Fury III Fast Top but in much nicer condition and minus the Sport Fury buckets, (Split bench). Funny this car must of spent most of it's life on the highway for 128k miles as the clutch pedal is pretty pristine.

Picky picky. "Stick" was easier to write than "manual shifter on the column" Can't imagine anyone thinking a C-body arriving from the factory with a manual 3 spd on the floor.
No C-body ever had a SB and a 4 spd manual.
4 Spds no longer available in 68 on any C-body. (Wait for it... Someone always pipes in and says they knew a guy who's uncle worked at a dealership where he drove a 68 300 4 spd. Show me the VIN thank you very much).

It has been my experience that stick is an optional term for manual regardless of where it is located.

And no 4-speeds in Chryslers after 65.
1967 had four speeds
So, In summary...
All three speed manual transmissions had column shift. I call'em sticks, right or wrong. It's shorter, OK?
No SB four speeds.
4 speeds were available in 65 and 67. Personally, I can't find any documentation that shows otherwise. If you find any, please show us, thank you very much.

Edit:
(Wait for it... Someone always pipes in and says they knew a guy who's uncle worked at a dealership where he drove a 68 300 4 spd. Show me the VIN thank you very much).
Still waiting...

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few '68 4 speed Fury III and Sport Fury convertibles over the years. As far as I know, at least some of them came from the factory that way. There were two in this area: a green Fury III and a red Sport Fury. I have a 1968 salesman's guide, and I'm pretty sure that option is listed. I will have to double check this evening.

I've seen quite a few '68 4 speed Fury III and Sport Fury convertibles over the years. As far as I know, at least some of them came from the factory that way. There were two in this area: a green Fury III and a red Sport Fury. I have a 1968 salesman's guide, and I'm pretty sure that option is listed. I will have to double check this evening.
Saved you the trouble but thanks for reminding me the 68 Furys were available with 4 speeds. I mentally blocked that by thinking of Chryslers only. No excuse. Silly me.
:thankyou:
PicsArt_11-30-09.21.59.jpg

68_Chrysler0004.jpg

Last edited:
From my amateur monitoring of 4-speed Cs since the early 90s, 65 F3 and SF, and 68 F3 and SF, seen to be the most common of 65-68 4-speed C-bodies. And for some reason, 68 Fury 'verts with 383-4spd, have probably seen 10 of them on the internet.

I have seen other 4-speed C-bodies, but just not as many. I saw 1 67 300 4-speed in a FS listing ,as BigmoparJeff mentioned, but there was no info to show it as legitimate, so I presumed it was a buildup (and it may have been).

Last edited:
The 4 speed '67 300s may be the rarest of all C-Bodies, even less common than the V-code Fury GTs. There was a yellow fast top (no vinyl top) on eBay back around 2006 that had been stored in a chicken coop for two decades with a bunch of other cars in Frenchtown, New Jersey. About five years later, a restored yellow Fast top with a black vinyl top was for sale on eBay. There was some speculation that it was the same car, and the restoration included adding the top, along with some other options. They did have a picture of the fender tag, and it was coded for the 4 speed. There may have been one more out there that I saw, possibly light blue. I also came across a 4 speed '67 Newport Fast top, but that one definitely didn't leave the factory that way.

I found this one in my files, seems to match your 2006 description, but is dated 2013, so doesn't seem it could be the restored one you said later showed up on ebay.

Unless maybe your timeframe is off a little and then this car fits? Or unless somebody pulled a switcheroo on the car tags? This one shows no documentation in the ad, but yellow with no VT is awfully coincidental.

I also seem to remember a different 67 300 4sp but can't find it, IIRC was decent driver quality, and a lt blue maybe? IIRC it was east of the Mississippi, probably a 3-state radius swing around the bottom of Indiana, if that makes a clue.

upload_2017-12-1_22-19-29.png

I saw 1 67 300 4-speed in a FS listing ,as BigmoparJeff mentioned, but there was no info to show it as legitimate, so I presumed it was a buildup (and it may have been).
And re-reading my earlier post, this yellow one is not the 'buildup' car I was referring to, the lt-blue was the possible 'buildup' car that showed no documentation and IIRC they didn't specifically state it as original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back