1969 Imperial Limousine

Cbodies69-73

Reaction score
20140422_144454.jpg20140422_144505.jpg20140422_144521.jpg20140422_144609.jpg20140422_144656.jpg
I pulled my 69 Imperial Limo out yesterday to do a major shop cleaning, it hasn't seen the light of day in awhile...

20140422_144454.jpg

20140422_144505.jpg

20140422_144521.jpg

20140422_144609.jpg

20140422_144656.jpg

Nice!

How about a picture of the front end/engine bay/interior.

Nice!

How about a picture of the front end/engine bay/interior.

The interior is a disaster, it was mutilated in crushed bright blue velour and its stuffed with parts. The front clip is off so its nothing special to see other than a dusty grimy 440.DSC05341.jpg

DSC05341.jpg

Is this radio console part of the interior ? That's about the size of a juke box. :)

That thing is huge!!

Is this radio console part of the interior ? That's about the size of a juke box. :)

The console once held climate control switches , Television , AM/FM 8Track player and mobile phone at one point in time. It now holds a really cheap AM/FM cassette player, a place for liquor and a bunch of empty holes.....

I have little to no history on the car other than I bought it from the Pacific NW about three years back off a CL listed as a 79 Chrysler limo with no pictures. I was pleasantly surprised to receive pictures of a 69 Imperial Limo. I sent the money order, was told it ran and drove well and that it could be driven anywhere. Well I was going to try to fly out and drive it back but plans fell through and I had it shipped. It took months to get a shipper at a reasonable rate to get it to IL. Im really glad I had it shipped because when it arrived at home and it was unloaded I decided to take it for a run down the road to see what it was like, well I when about a 1/4 mile and it died out and wouldn't restart. I had to walk back then tow it back home. The inside of the gas tank where a disgusting mess. It had no fender tag and no build sheets to be found since the interior had been redone in that horrible blue material. It looked to be originally B3 blue with navy blue interior. It has numerous coats and colors of paint on it, blues, one red and a couple white coats. It had a rustoleum blue colored vinyl top on it in the wrong material when it arrived. It was certainly a disgrace to its once proud self. The dash pad was exploded, the bezel cut for radio and switches and hack jobs everywhere. I pulled the entire dash assembly out and Im replacing it with a virgin one. In the glove box was lots of match books from a night club/strip club , so thats who Im guessing really roached it out.... It had a good amount of roof and rear window channel rot, so I cut all that out and replaced it with nice steel from a 73 Imperial junk. It was also rear ended and one point and had some damage in the back end also. Roof is near done, quarters are close and the trunk floor/area is all ready for paint.

Glad you're on the path of salvaging this rare piece of history. I would have passed.

Strip clubs ohhh if only the car could talk, what lewd and disgusting stories it would tell, fascinating.

Strip clubs ohhh if only the car could talk, what lewd and disgusting stories it would tell, fascinating.

Wasn't there one of these, a pre 69 I think around here owned by a female mud Wrestling Team once presented here ?

What a cool Imperial! Can't beat a '69! Especially your 2 special editions! ;)

I love the huge Imperial Eagle on the b-pillar! Can you make a bigger picture of it please?!

Id like to make all my posted pictures larger, but havent discovered how thats done yet.

Back