1970 300H Documents

65MonacoND

Reaction score
I recently bought some 1970 Chrysler 300H original sales documents I thought people might like to see. Enjoy!
doc05473320150123131558_zps5a1bba6a.jpg

175e367a-a23c-473d-a3d8-995043ad802e_zps9274c4a1.jpg

e39e4558-7c90-46dd-b361-597b292a5365_zpsb044dc21.jpg

doc05473720150123131740_zpse69d12fe.jpg

doc05473820150123131805_zps81eea623.jpg

doc05473920150123131824_zps9b840431.jpg

doc05474120150123131911_zpsae5a0c9a.jpg

doc05474020150123131854_zps57a84827.jpg

doc05474220150123131935_zps3b42973f.jpg

a1d58448-f601-4df2-bab3-4d2df0fcebea_zps103c3228.jpg

Theres those exhaust tips..............

So are you saying that the production cars didn't have them?

It is not uncommon for promotional pictures to have items that never made it to production.
These pictures were often taken well before the production cars were even started.

(they look like the 70+ Cuda tips)

Alan

Some sources said These tips came always with the Hurst but in the trunk for dealer Installation. They are Special c-Body tips. However judging by These documents it must have been extra cost option. Some cars with These tips exist.
These documents also show you could Special order a Hurst, I used to have the Impression they were randomly produced in Batches and distributed to the dealerships. Good info there.

Last edited:
Copies of those would be great for the Hamtramck Historical library.:sSig_thanks:

It is not uncommon for promotional pictures to have items that never made it to production.
These pictures were often taken well before the production cars were even started.

Alan

Some sources said These tips came always with the Hurst but in the trunk for dealer Installation. They are Special c-Body tips. However judging by These documents it must have been extra cost option. Some cars with These tips exist.
These documents also show you could Special order a Hurst, I used to have the Impression they were randomly produced in Batches and distributed to the dealerships. Good info there.

CM23 explained it well... that is what I was saying

Alan

They were Challenger tips, and not "special to the C body". They were an E body parts bin grab and slapped onto the Hurst package. I helped a friend of mine restore a very rough original and it had them (well one any way as the other had rotted off with a good portion of the tail pipe.).

I don't know if they were installed on the cars as they left the factory, or in the trunk as mentioned, but the Hurst package had the tips.

http://www.accurateltd.com/Retro-fit-Exhaust-Tip-Package-C-Body_p_358.html

W.jpg

images.jpg

" Anybody 'sidez me ever see ah Hurst with ONE or TWO or even THREE bracez not counting where their attached between the rear spoiler and the deck lid 'cuz most had NONE?"

I have. There is a Hurst in Canada that has 2 braces in it's spoiler. He comes to Moparfest often and that's where I met the owner and saw the car. I was told that the braces were offered by Chrysler as an add -on to correct complaints about the fibreglass warping. The braces look like a factory part and fit perfectly.

Here's a pic of it. He knows he has the wrong exhaust tips too, but he didn't want to pay E body prices.

hurst4.jpg

I have. There is a Hurst in Canada that has 2 braces in it's spoiler. He comes to Moparfest often and that's where I met the owner and saw the car. I was told that the braces were offered by Chrysler as an add -on to correct complaints about the fibreglass warping. The braces look like a factory part and fit perfectly.

Here's a pic of it. He knows he has the wrong exhaust tips too, but he didn't want to pay E body prices.

He should have saved the money for the B body ones too if that's the result. They should be tucked up a lot closer than that or removed IMHO

He should have saved the money for the B body ones too if that's the result. They should be tucked up a lot closer than that or removed IMHO

For sure it has its flaws...his car is also painted the wrong gold too. It's actually a great example of the most common flaws committed when restoring a Hurst (wrong colours, wrong tips).

Anybody 'sidez me ever see ah Hurst with ONE or TWO or even THREE bracez not counting where their attached between the rear spoiler and the deck lid 'cuz most had NONE?

I saw them as well in pics. Don't know however if this was some afterthought distributed over Chrysler or added in production at some Point. Fact is that Spoiler is designed pretty weak and using it as a trunk handle caused cracks over the time.

"

I'll have to look that up. I was pretty sure the rectangle design is the same as E-Body, but they were a bit different where they were attached to the pipes and they had a different part no. I seem to remember this was published somewhere in a 300 Club Intl. issue I still have somewhere.

They were Challenger tips, and not "special to the C body". They were an E body parts bin grab and slapped onto the Hurst package. I helped a friend of mine restore a very rough original and it had them (well one any way as the other had rotted off with a good portion of the tail pipe.).

I don't know if they were installed on the cars as they left the factory, or in the trunk as mentioned, but the Hurst package had the tips.

http://www.accurateltd.com/Retro-fit-Exhaust-Tip-Package-C-Body_p_358.html

I believe this is incorrect, there are three types, all similar, but different. The C-body exhaust tips are in fact, unique and are not the same as E-body tips.

E-body, and C-body Plymouth (70 Sport Fury GT) and Chrysler (70 300 Hurst), these all have different part numbers and are manufactured differently.

E-body tips do not fit, unless modified and then the profile would be incorrect, but they do "work", i.e., you can weld them on if you modify the bracket. But E-body tips are not correct.

Not all 70 300 Hurst cars had tips. Many, many did not. To my knowledge very few were shipped in the trunk for dealer installation.

Back