NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible / Red / Atlanta GA

ceebuddy

Reaction score
Not sure if we had CM27T0C238510 before. Currently for sale by a dealer on eBay.

Not much description, just pictures.

06.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
29.jpg
20.jpg
34.jpg
13.jpg

1698929337807.png

at that lettuce, i woulda saved two of the four I had... woulda a been my investment in BOTH together, but I estimated a fair deal both BOTH woulda been about equal to the $ask$ for this one.

still a nice one, though, many of you folks own nicer ones.

A private party transaction might be better way to sort it out vs. a dealer transaction.

Hope it finds a good home

It's got the 'requisite' dual-snorkel thrown on the T-code engine, but surprisingly it has HP manifolds installed also.
Can't be sure on the passenger side, but definitely an HP on the driver side.

Amazingly - it has the heat stove on it! 99% of the 70-71 driverside C-manifolds on ebay will have it missing.

Yep, prices keep climbing, and the ones pushing the envelope always get questioned for it.
We'll look back at them and say 'what a bargain.'

This car was part of an estate sale in Arizona in the last year, sold in the $15k range. Looked like a nice car

Yep, prices keep climbing, and the ones pushing the envelope always get questioned for it.
We'll look back at them and say 'what a bargain.'
It is a dealer. Since when did anyone pay attention to what the dealer asks? They would ask for the sky, and double, if it were possible.

Before any debate on dealers and pricing, this car is being sold by a consignment shop. That would mean the car owner sets the price and the shop collects additional fees.

The car looks really nice based on pics and I think we can agree it's priced way above market value, but who knows... When my oldest son was selling cars, he told me "there's an *** for every seat" and there may be someone that has the cash and doesn't care what it costs.

But back to reality...

IMHO, if you want a premium price for a car, it had better be a premium car and everything needs to be right. With air shocks, aluminum radiator, AC compressor etc. this car doesn't hit that mark. Granted, many of us have those mods, and at a sane pricing level, none of those mods would probably detract much, if any. At $52K asking price, the color of the negative battery cable should be correct if you know what I mean.

Realistically, what should the price of this car be? Let's say it's as nice as it looks... It has to be north of $20k. But would it break $30k?

As nice as it is the snaps for the boot gnaw at me at any price.

It's gotta get 30-35 if solid underneath the repaint.

It's gotta get 30-35 if solid underneath the repaint.

Good eye. I didn't notice the snaps. They should not be there.

Every day, the car is inching closer to the standard FCBO price. . .

Good eye!

I didn't catch that... That's the kind of stuff that makes me question everything else... That's an easy one to do right and the correct boot and clips have been available for 30 years now. The pentastar on the left side would drive me nuts too...

I used to own that car. The man I sold it to did everything to it. new paint, interior, rebuilt motor to U code specs, rebuilt transmission. It had the snaps or the convertible boot when I bought it.

DCP_5163.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO, if you want a premium price for a car, it had better be a premium car and everything needs to be right. With air shocks, aluminum radiator, AC compressor etc. this car doesn't hit that mark. Granted, many of us have those mods, and at a sane pricing level, none of those mods would probably detract much, if any. At $52K asking price, the color of the negative battery cable should be correct if you know what I mean.

This. ^^

The C-body world is in its adolescence compared to the B & E arena. We are starting to raise the bar on premium cars (where the B&E bar is already high).
We have much knowledge of correctness in a restoration, and should have the expectation that the highest-priced cars should be as accurate as possible.
But because we are not the B&E arena, a premium car can have some deviations -- i.e. the Road Wheel centercaps might not be perfect, and the shocks need not be factory-correct.

But not the simple-to-correct ones like this car. Air shocks have no place on such a car.
And the fact that they are simple to correct, doesn't mean the car should be priced as if they've already been corrected. (and that's a universal rule)

Back