Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck62

Reaction score
Contact seller
Saw this one on CL
1970 CHRYSLER NEWPORT HARDTOP 2DR 383 18K MILES MINT
00j0j_6VYdQRFUAez_600x450.jpg

1970 CHRYSLER NEWPORT HARDTOP - 383 V8 WITH TORQUEFLITE AUTOMATIC - ALL NUMBERS MATCHING (EXCEPT UPGRADED CARB) - ONLY 18000 ORIGINAL MILES SINCE NEW AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN INDIANA - RUST FREE THROUGHOUT AND IN AMAZING ORIGINAL CONDITION - RECENT SERVICE WORK DONE INCLUDING BRAKE WORK AND A NEW EDELBROCK CARBURETOR - WITH THE ORIGINAL BUILD SHEET TO SUPPORT THE OPTIONS AND ORIGINALITY - THE CORRECT CODE "W1" WHITE IS MOSTLY ORIGINAL AND SHOWS BEAUTIFULLY AND THE CODE "E1B3" BLUE CLOTH INTERIOR IS LIKE NEW THROUGHOUT - A RARE FIND IN A VERY DESIRABLE BIG BODY MOPAR

00j0j_3rafEHEwYrr_600x450.jpg

00o0o_dm7TelvIL2u_600x450.jpg

00808_4qaKZr4wf4g_600x450.jpg

00l0l_gFqTotLzTrr_600x450.jpg

A pretty early car!
First month of production of a completely new model.
I'm confident all the new model gremlins have been worked out by now.
If it had air, I'd come close to paying his asking price.
AFTER I was confident with the 18k miles claim.

Given the condition of seat fabric and carpet stated mileage might be factual. If mine I would have rebuilt the original carb and left well enough alone under the hood. The car is a beauty.

A lot of mods under the hood for 18,000 miles....
It's not that bad, Bob.
All I can see is the chrome air cleaner that was probably due to the now mandatory carb swap, chrome valve covers probably put on when it needed gaskets, an a somewhat confusing chrome radiator shroud.

I'm more wondering how little he paid the original owner as these guys usually always have something to say about the car. We do too only it almost never involves the original owner of a lower mileage car like this.

Last Sunday night I had someone stop his car on the street and walk up to me as I had all five cars out from under their covers between the garage and driveway. Drove four of them. He wanted to know if any were for sale. Key word, any, which meant he doesn't care as long as it can be resold. I told him they weren't for sale and besides he couldn't afford their non-negotiable price.

Swap original valve covers, modify some dual snorkel cleaner to fit that carb, paint shroud with black.
And let some1 clean that carpet and its perfect.

I am always really skeptical of any low miles car, but this does look like the real deal.

Very nice, but I'm wondering if it has had a respray. Or did they just redo the side stripes? Original stripes were black, and went straight from front to rear. The blue stripes here are too close to the creaseline, and turn up on the C-pillar.

Nice car, but I highly doubt the mileage claim.

Very nice, but I'm wondering if it has had a respray. Or did they just redo the side stripes? Original stripes were black, and went straight from front to rear. The blue stripes here are too close to the creaseline, and turn up on the C-pillar.

Good eye...

It could have a turned back odometer, but it looks too clean to be 118,000. I honestly don't care what the odometer says, it is the condition of the car.

I get irritated when an ultra low mileage claim in accompanied with an ultra high price. Then you better have documentation to prove it.

Or did they just redo the side stripes? Original stripes were black, and went straight from front to rear. The blue stripes here are too close to the creaseline, and turn up on the C-pillar.
Not for the 2-door hardtop Newport, as well as the Convertible. My car has been painted, but the stripes on mine, and the one for sale, appear in the 1970 sales Flyer.
20140516_122201.jpg

Last edited:
In addition to the comments about the air cleaner, carb, and valve covers, the exhaust is not factory either.

Anyone notice the very dented front wheel trim? Looks like a door crushed that thing.

Pretty sure you could get any color stripe you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back