1970 Michigan State Trooper Furry

65Fury440

Reaction score
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bar/4181717817.html
00808_aTYG4AHurrV_600x450.jpg
00303_cn8IqMAnsIP_600x450.jpg
00101_2RNow3Ie0Xw_600x450.jpg

Ugh... That was one cheap Town Council.

Have you ever drive one of these cars at speed with power steering? My 318 69 Polara with power steering is bad enough at highway speed. Maybe it is my alignment or the tires but I think no power steering is by design.

Alan

The Alternator is missing also, I suspect it did have power steering. Evertime I see how rough the ex-squads are "For Sale" I'm happy mine is done and all restored.

The Alternator is missing also, I suspect it did have power steering. Evertime I see how rough the ex-squads are "For Sale" I'm happy mine is done and all restored.

The alternator is missing, it doesn't appear to have had the Leece Neville alternator as it looks to have a standard voltage regulator.

I still feel this was a manual steering car.

Alan

MY '70 Fury Washington State Patrol ex-squad does not appear to have a different than stock alternator. Does Michiigan require a different one?

MY '70 Fury Washington State Patrol ex-squad does not appear to have a different than stock alternator. Does Michiigan require a different one?

No idea, I kind of always thought it was part of the Police package.
This car missing an alternator isn't a big deal if it is just a normal one, easy to get.

Alan

If it did have power steering someone changed the steering gear & column shaft

From what I found most police departments were slow to change, no power steering, bias ply tires, they would only change an item once it was proved reliable.

As a State Police car, my guess is it spent about 90% of the time on the highway, so manual steering wouldn't be the hassle it might be for a city police cruiser.

Pete Kaczmarski; Evertime I see how rough the ex-squads are "For Sale" I'm happy mine is done and all restored.[/QUOTE said:
I searched for some time for a nice car, posted adds everywhere in wanted sections on sites, & craigslist. I found next to nothing. Only one restored nice car (the chp 35k I have mentioned). While not terribly valuable in general, an old squad car in any shape is fairly rare at this point. This one is a very rusty project, but hopefully someone will restore it.

Cool car, but would take a ton of cash to bring it back. It's rusted pretty bad by the looks of the pics. But anything can be done if you have the time a cash to do it.

Back