Status
Not open for further replies.

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine
1965 Plymouth Fury | eBay
This is an original Street Wedge Car. 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury w/ it's original 426 Street Wedge motor and transmission. Car has clean registration, Fender Tag, and matching numbers. Console automatic, power steering, and bucket seats. I have a lot of extra parts to go with the car. I have the original carburetor, rear quarter patch panels, trunk extensions, a full after market trunk section, extra tail lights, trim, original antenna, gas / fuel door, dash gauges, and etc. Missing the original distributer, motor needs to be rebuilt ( currently froze up). Frame rails are solid but soft towards very rear. Truck needs total rebuild. There are some holes in the floors. Car was discovered in a storage barn in upstate NY. Barn collapsed and damaged the roof and windshield. Windshield is cracked. Air cleaner is also missing. All in all if you are looking for a rare project, this may be the car for you. I have a lot of pics so please don't be afraid to ask. Car rolls nicely. I can help setting up shipping. Please feel free to ask questions.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

With seized engine, damaged roof and being that rough overall, it's a tough sell to get $5000 for that one...

I'm surprised it sold for that, given the amount of $$/work it needs, but maybe I'm behind the times for what things are worth.

But I also have a hunch that one will turn up again, maybe same place or maybe somewhere else, and in not drastically different condition. I'm betting that roof dent will be the callingcard.

I initially thought it was this other 426 car I saw on ebay, it had a roof dent also, but I didn't think it was the same one, didn't remember the other one being this rough. Looking in archives, they are different cars (other car was sold/flipped in mid-2013 to Jan 2014). So 2 red-black 426-AT cars floating around. It finally sold for ~8200 im Jan 2014, prior listings didn't meet reserve and/or were sold for high price but relisted (bogus sale?).

upload_2017-1-2_15-31-55.png
upload_2017-1-2_15-32-25.png

Car on ebay:
upload_2017-1-2_15-37-44.png

Thanks! It's part of the responsibility of my screen name, I watch Furys (and also 4-speed Cs) and save info on the interesting ones.

New text in the listing:
The car is up for sale because buyer backed out. Please do not make offer unless you plan on following thru. I do not want to waste your time and please do not waste mine.

$5000 for a rare car but find out that block is cracked and you are screwed! Those 426 cars go for $40K-$60K in mint condition. It would take that to restore it correctly. No win situation unless its your dream car and you have the dough to spend.

I agree on the block issue, but not on $40-60k, not for a 65 Fury anyway. Maybe a 64 SF would, but that's a completely different car and clientele.

I went into my records and pulled the four best 426 4-speed cars I saved from ebay in the last few years and none has sold anywhere near that. I may not have captured every single one into my records, but I doubt I've missed any high rollers, and a 4-speed car will pull more than this AT car.

1. Ruby-red sold for $22,500 in 2014 and has been on a few times since (still in same family?) but not hit much above $16k.
2. White-with-bad-arches sold for $24,600 in March 2014.
3. Like ruby-red (but with Mag 500s) was at a broker in the last 6 mos $39,900 asking price and no-sale.
4. White, with incorrect seatcovers and 66 wheelcovers, sold for $15k in Aug 2015.

upload_2017-1-17_18-27-44.png

upload_2017-1-17_18-28-40.png

upload_2017-1-17_19-19-6.png

I had a chance to buy a '65 Sport Fury 426 SW 4-Speed in 2003 for $9,500. Was a sweet car. Still kick myself today for not trying to get it.

Was in much better shape than this one, by the way.

Here's one I saw in June of 2013. Overall in nice shape, just needed engine work. I'm sure once you got it in-hand you'd find it needed more, but they always do. At the time I thought it was kinda high-priced, now I think it was a good deal. Ah, hindsight + passage of time.:(

"This is the second time I have listed this vehicle. Thanks to everyone who responded and I'm very sorry this isn't a perfect car. It's a 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury that has been repainted and does have a few minor places of bondo on rear quarter panels. There's no waves showing. This is a good car for someone wanting to finish the job. I was told when I obtained the car that the odometer reading of less than 53k was original, but it has a knock coming from the passenger side of the engine. It is drivable for a test drive but I'm not driving it now for fear of damaging it more. The transmission shifts great. I'm asking $9000 or best offer. I have placed a reserve of $7000 on the car. I will not let it go for less than that. Please take time to look at pictures and don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions. "

upload_2017-1-18_6-15-46.png

upload_2017-1-18_6-19-50.png

upload_2017-1-18_6-19-4.png

upload_2017-1-18_6-16-36.png

upload_2017-1-18_6-21-42.png

I agree on the block issue, but not on $40-60k, not for a 65 Fury anyway. Maybe a 64 SF would, but that's a completely different car and clientele.

I went into my records and pulled the four best 426 4-speed cars I saved from ebay in the last few years and none has sold anywhere near that. I may not have captured every single one into my records, but I doubt I've missed any high rollers, and a 4-speed car will pull more than this AT car.

1. Ruby-red sold for $22,500 in 2014 and has been on a few times since (still in same family?) but not hit much above $16k.
2. White-with-bad-arches sold for $24,600 in March 2014.
3. Like ruby-red (but with Mag 500s) was at a broker in the last 6 mos $39,900 asking price and no-sale.
4. White, with incorrect seatcovers and 66 wheelcovers, sold for $15k in Aug 2015.

View attachment 112620
View attachment 112621
View attachment 112624
I had the one with incorrect seat covers that car was restored in the 80's and it really was a Quality Resto I don't know why they had the different seat covers but I did get a little over 17k in Oct of 2015. I tell you now look at Roadrunners GTX Cornet R/T there all up there in price. This car is just as fun or even more fun to drive. It is the ultimate sleeper and this would smoke a 383 Roadrunner I know could run low 14's with the tires on it and with better tires high 13 seconds. The car ran like new it had 373 in the rear even the clock worked in that car. The car is a steal 426 wedge motor is a great engine and that car was very reliable it just was not a highway car at 55 MPH you are looking at 3,000 RPM and it sucked a ton of gas. I have seen some of the funniest looks I would race Audi Mercedes and other newer cars and eat them up. It had only one 426 emblem on the hood ornament no one had a clue what it had under the hood. I can't say enough good things about it. I moved on to another Newport. The Ruby red one has been for sale for years and it's not going anywhere. A dealer / Collector sold a red one with a 4 speed in mint shape back in 2014 for 13,900 at Mecum Auction John Scotti collection out of Canada

DSCN0146.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back