'65 Newport 2dr 383 4bbl - $1200 - east of Austin TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good looking coupe, I think it needs to live.

That's a 1966,I have one. Stan I'm guessing a '65 is a PITA due to parts availability and the cable trans,what else?
My '65 Coronet gives me some trouble on parts availability!
RT

It is an expensive left side engine mount. Then the cable shifted trans that has a one year only column mount to operate the cables rather than the push button. Cables are expensive. Of course depending on model various trim is one year only, but you can find examples of that in nearly every year. Not sure, but maybe fuel tank also....or those years are harder to find. Been awhile since I looked on that. But when I pulled that 440 out of that 68, I didn't notice the bosses for the 65 mount cast in it. Gonna have to go look again.

For those who were interested in this one, I tried to get out there yesterday but we had a winterpocalypse (i.e. 1/8 inch sleet and snow) that paralyzed all of central Texas and shut down many roads. Seriously. I have to work in the Rio Grande Valley for a week or so and will not be able to take a look at it soon. Sorry. If anyone has any prospects in the McAllen area, let me know and I'll take a look there!

I have a big block a body mount looks like this untitled.jpg

untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back