65 Sport Fury Drag Pack Question

Reaction score
Hello all. I was just researching the potential value of my project 65 Sport Fury on NADA and there was an option of "Drag Pack" on the list of options. I am sure that my vehicle doesn't have it but what does the drag pack consist of?

NASCAR banned the 426 Hemi & 427 Ford cammer in 65. Many of the MOPAR boys boycotted NASCAR & went drag racing. In August of 65 NASCAR allowed the Hemi back in but only in the heavier C body Fury. Several ran with not much success. SOOOO perhaps there was a 65 Fury package based off of this. I've not heard of such. I have seen 426 single 4 bbl 65 Furys. 365 horse I think. Maybe a Cross Ram & hotter cam was available briefly.

I agree with Bob on all of that, except in my 25 years of C-bodies I've never heard any mention of a street-release Hemi in a C-body. Athough I do learn new things all the time about C-bodies (just recently I learned that wiper motors, and therefore the firewall stamping, differ from 65-66), if there was a Hemi out there surely the legend would've surfaced by now?

As he said, 365hp 426 wedge was biggest option.

I have never hear mention of a drag pack, nor any special engine goodies either.

I agree with Bob on all of that, except in my 25 years of C-bodies I've never heard any mention of a street-release Hemi in a C-body. Athough I do learn new things all the time about C-bodies (just recently I learned that wiper motors, and therefore the firewall stamping, differ from 65-66), if there was a Hemi out there surely the legend would've surfaced by now?

As he said, 365hp 426 wedge was biggest option.

I have never hear mention of a drag pack, nor any special engine goodies either.
Correct just to clear that up. 426 Wedge 365 horse was what I was referring to. The Hemi Fury's in 65 where a NASCAR track car only. Buck Baker & Curtis Turner ran them.

That was also one of the things I learned recently, when somebody posted some pics of Nascar 65 Furys. Prior to that I thought it was something Johan dreamed up to sell model cars!

Probably just a generic list of options for all Mopars on NADA. Just thought it was strange and thought I would inquire. Thanks for the input guys.

Back