Alternator pulley alignment

66furys

Reaction score
There are a few threads on this subject, but mainly seem to relate to wrong pulleys or brackets, or spacers. My setup seems original, and I have tried several different arrangements to get my pulley in line, but. But, in my case, the pulley is at an angle with the crank pulley. This align is controlled by the one long bolt that goes thru the two ears on the alternator, and no matter what, that alignment seems controlled by the drilled bolt threads in the block and the two ears on the alternator. Has anyone come across this misalignment. I am surprised because I think all is OEM but the alternator pulley is off by maybe ten or so degrees....does not want to throw the belt, but, am wondering whass up. Any thoughts appreciated.

More likely a spacer may have been lost over the years. Unless you have owned the car since new.

yes...pics and engine combo...maybe a rebuilder didn't press pully on far enough ?

Did you check to be sure the long bolt is not bent? Bolt sometimes gets bent if the car was hit at some point.

Dave

Back