First official washing! 73 T&C

imperigal

Reaction score
Last night, despite the horrible tires on the front, we gingerly drove Holly-Donna across the street to the gas station....her first official drive in over 30 years! We've had her running in the driveway and have been double checking everything. So far, so good (aside from a brake hissing issue, which I will leave for another post)! Next up, new tires and front brakes. Then on to some detail cleaning...which this is the perfect weather for. Summer!! Finally!!

20180614_200935_1529024316027.jpg

20180614_200836_1529024315482.jpg

20180614_200922_1529024315841.jpg

Wow ! Nice ride,,,make the brakes bullet proof,,they are all you got.

Outstanding... she's a beauty...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
20180614_200836_1529024315482-jpg.jpg

I take it she still needs to be registered in MI??

BTW...the guy in Ohio that I bought my 72 Imperial Coupe from had this wagon and then sold it...not sure if you recognize...I thought he said it went to California.
hemmings.jpg

Outstanding... she's a beauty...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 192044
I take it she still needs to be registered in MI??
Indeed - I've ordered a pair of 73 plates which will arrive next week. I'm going to try to go the Hagerty insurance route, versus regular no-fault ...because even though I plan on driving it weekly, it won't be my only daily driver. I can always switch over to regular plates and insurance :)

Some of you may recognize this car - it came from the Cincinnati "collection". This was one of the few cars that were solid. I also picked up the 47 Dodge. Fyi- seller overstated the $ he got for them. Even though the seller was a pleasan, interesting guy, his asking prices were WAY high and most cars were in rough shape (rust-wise). But it was a really cool building and made for a fun day trip!

Indeed - I've ordered a pair of 73 plates which will arrive next week. I'm going to try to go the Hagerty insurance route, versus regular no-fault ...because even though I plan on driving it weekly, it won't be my only daily driver. I can always switch over to regular plates and insurance :)

Some of you may recognize this car - it came from the Cincinnati "collection". This was one of the few cars that were solid. I also picked up the 47 Dodge. Fyi- seller overstated the $ he got for them. Even though the seller was a pleasan, interesting guy, his asking prices were WAY high and most cars were in rough shape (rust-wise). But it was a really cool building and made for a fun day trip!
Hagerty shouldn't be a problem... they allow some driving and some commuting... she just has to be stored indoors.

I don't recognize it but it looks good! What did that one sell for? The fuselage Imperial Coupes have always been some of my favorites.
Not sure what he sold the wagon for...he just bought a couple more since our transaction in May. A couple Slab wagons. I always preferred the 73 T&C.

I have one ( 73 T and C) that could be bought if someone is interested in putting it back together. pulled the engine and trans and had them rebuilt, and now don't want it any more.
Pm me with serious interest.

Not sure what he sold the wagon for...he just bought a couple more since our transaction in May. A couple Slab wagons. I always preferred the 73 T&C.

I like both the 72 and 73 for different reasons.

The 72 seems to be an interesting update of the original fuselage body style and nicely resolved from a design point of view.

The 73 is interesting to me for the more formal front end and the grille which is an interesting design quote of the 48 Chrysler front end contained within the grill opening.....

035E4EC5-B932-44F3-91BF-1E01F5D22B1E.jpeg

7A75872F-E170-4D95-ABED-FD688EFFC9ED.jpeg

The 72 does as well but in a more abstract way.

3BE9518F-2F49-44B4-B905-7DE86BD9F722.jpeg

Side by side comparison of ours... Both grilles are full of personality :) but the 48 designs cues show up more in the 73 than those of the 47.

I love pulling up behind someone while driving a cbody - they can't stop looking in the rear view mirror. It's quite the bold front end!

20180622_214037.jpg

20180622_213812.jpg

Back