History Of Some Of My Step-dads C-bodies

SportFury70

Reaction score
I may be crazy for being up at this time of night. But I cannot sleep, so I figured I'd share some "brief" history of the cars my stepdad has that are in my "photo garage". (Don't worry I'll go to bed soon, hope to by 1:30) Please post comments, opinions etc. Let's start with 1967.

Sport Fury Convertible- No info on the original owner (s). Last owner I'd rather not talk about. My stepdad bought the car out of Enid, OK in 2003. Site unseen. It was not the car he thought. He is at least the 3rd owner. The car used to be yellow with black interior and a black top, power seat adjustments, and tilt-a-scope steering. It still has its original High Performance 383 (H is the 5th digit in V.I.N). Car also has air and power windows. When he got it, it had a Ford right hand outside mirror. (That's long gone)

Turquoise 4 door HT- Original owners bought it from Culver Motors in Port Jervis NY and used it as a daily driver. The car is very low optioned. They repainted the "bottom half" of it, then put it for sale. They no longer needed two cars. My stepdad is the 2nd owner. He heard about it from his friend who saw it in his local newspaper. All trim, including bumpers, door panels but redyed, and seats but reupholstered are original.

**Purple 4 door Post-** THIS WAS A RESCUE CAR. It was originally a Virginia car that was white with a 318. No info of the original owner(s). Got transferred to Middlefield, CT and left for dead. A friend of a friend told my stepdad about it. It was sitting in a farm field. The previous owner left it for collateral for 2 months of back rent. The taillights were smashed in, windshield was broken, hood was gone. Body and paint were done in late 1980s- early 1990s. Now has a 383 4bbl and 1968 VIP interior done in 1990s.

**S/23**- Original owners were an elderly couple who bought it new from New Britain Chrysler/Plymouth in New Britain, CT. They did not care how rare it was as long as it was a 2 door and had air. They owned it for about 13 years then got it repainted. When practically new, the cars engine blew up under warranty and had to have a 1971 warranty block put in. The car was also stolen from the original owners and recovered in M.A. My stepdad is the 2nd owner. He knew the original owners very well and never heard of an S/23 at the time, he saw the car in the garage and bought it. He had to fix the reverse band and rebuilt the transmission. My stepdad did a rot repair and repaint job in about the 1990s and had the strobe stripe come from Ohio. They did not have S/23 letters at the time so he handmade some himself. Since he had the 2nd resto done, the car has had many special moments. Just to name a few the car, has won a Galen Govier Top 10 pick award, Favorite 50 at Lebanon Valley, and Presidents Pick.

**6 Passenger Wagon**- ALSO A RESCUE CAR. The original owners was a family who bought it new at Burnside Motors in East Hartford, CT. They owned it for about 23 years, wrecked it and had to have it repainted. They donated it to charity, and got left for dead in my hometown. The 2nd owner was from Cromwell, CT who bought it with no title and owned it for about 6 months. My stepdad is the 3rd owner. He bought it in about 1996. The original chassis, left front fender, and both quarter panels were rotted. Luckily he fixed those issues. The car still has its original engine and transmission, vinyl interior and bumpers with guards.

Sorry if that was not "brief". I can/will edit with more possible stories. I'm going to bed now. Hope you enjoyed the stories that are here. Goodnight.

I may be crazy for being up at this time of night. But I cannot sleep, so I figured I'd share some "brief" history of the cars my stepdad has that are in my "photo garage". (Don't worry I'll go to bed soon, hope to by 1:30) Please post comments, opinions etc. Let's start with 1967.

Sport Fury Convertible- No info on the original owner (s). Last owner I'd rather not talk about. My stepdad bought the car out of Enid, OK in 2003. Site unseen. It was not the car he thought. He is at least the 3rd owner. The car used to be yellow with black interior and a black top, power seat adjustments, and tilt-a-scope steering. It still has its original High Performance 383 (H is the 5th digit in V.I.N). Car also has air and power windows. When he got it, it had a Ford right hand outside mirror. (That's long gone)

Turquoise 4 door HT- Original owners bought it from Culver Motors in Port Jervis NY and used it as a daily driver. The car is very low optioned. They repainted the "bottom half" of it, then put it for sale. They no longer needed two cars. My stepdad is the 2nd owner. He heard about it from his friend who saw it in his local newspaper. All trim, including bumpers, door panels but redyed, and seats but reupholstered are original.

**Purple 4 door Post-** THIS WAS A RESCUE CAR. It was originally a Virginia car that was white with a 318. No info of the original owner(s). Got transferred to Middlefield, CT and left for dead. A friend of a friend told my stepdad about it. It was sitting in a farm field. The previous owner left it for collateral for 2 months of back rent. The taillights were smashed in, windshield was broken, hood was gone. Body and paint were done in late 1980s- early 1990s. Now has a 383 4bbl and 1968 VIP interior done in 1990s.

**S/23**- Original owners were an elderly couple who bought it new from New Britain Chrysler/Plymouth in New Britain, CT. They did not care how rare it was as long as it was a 2 door and had air. They owned it for about 13 years then got it repainted. When practically new, the cars engine blew up under warranty and had to have a 1971 warranty block put in. The car was also stolen from the original owners and recovered in M.A. My stepdad is the 2nd owner. He knew the original owners very well and never heard of an S/23 at the time, he saw the car in the garage and bought it. He had to fix the reverse band and rebuilt the transmission. My stepdad did a rot repair and repaint job in about the 1990s and had the strobe stripe come from Ohio. They did not have S/23 letters at the time so he handmade some himself. Since he had the 2nd resto done, the car has had many special moments. Just to name a few the car, has won a Galen Govier Top 10 pick award, Favorite 50 at Lebanon Valley, and Presidents Pick.

**6 Passenger Wagon**- ALSO A RESCUE CAR. The original owners was a family who bought it new at Burnside Motors in East Hartford, CT. They owned it for about 23 years, wrecked it and had to have it repainted. They donated it to charity, and got left for dead in my hometown. The 2nd owner was from Cromwell, CT who bought it with no title and owned it for about 6 months. My stepdad is the 3rd owner. He bought it in about 1996. The original chassis, left front fender, and both quarter panels were rotted. Luckily he fixed those issues. The car still has its original engine and transmission, vinyl interior and bumpers with guards.

Sorry if that was not "brief". I can/will edit with more possible stories. I'm going to bed now. Hope you enjoyed the stories that are here. Goodnight.

Post some pics when you get a chance. We’d all love to see them if you have any old snapshots.

FYI, I found the beige '73 Custom Suburban for sale and told your Step Dad about it. This wagon has the Brougham interior package in Parchment.

Back