WANTED Hitch / TowBar = 1976 New Yorker 2Door Coupe - 440 V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarCanal

Reaction score
Contact seller
NewYorker#c.jpg
Howdy
Does anyone have the above part to suit the nominated vehicle ?
I'd prefer everything associated, so it is a simple Bolt-on Project !
Please realise you will be shipping to Australia as well, so some BubbleWrap needed.
Cheers
Big Jim - Adelaide, South Australia - DownUnder

Last edited:
it would be far cheaper and more practical to have one fabricated down there than to have one shipped from here, if you can even find one.

Firstly, I have the ONLY 1976 New Yorker 2Door Coupe in Australia ..... so where are the spares?
Secondly, I had one quoted today, could not give me a firm price, but it started at $1.5k upwards!
So AGAIN, has anyone got one off a wrecked car?

How much weight do you want to tow? A 500 lb trailer isn't going to require a class III hitch.

Assuming $1.5k is $1.15K USD, that's still too much money.

Firstly, I have the ONLY 1976 New Yorker 2Door Coupe in Australia ..... so where are the spares?
Secondly, I had one quoted today, could not give me a firm price, but it started at $1.5k upwards!
So AGAIN, has anyone got one off a wrecked car?

That's too much, run away.
Find a commercially built truck type hitch and have it modified to fit your car. I did that for a hitch that fits both my 69 300 and 69 suburban. Total cost was around $150.00, which included water jet cutting of the frame brackets.
Here's a link to the hitch I made. Nice thing is that I did not drill any new holes in the car and can remove it in 10 minutes.

trailer hitch

Thanks for the replies Fella's
(1) Kiss me? He'd want to buy me dinner, THEN repaint my house, at least ..... before ..... lol
(2) I'm only going to Tow a Bike Trailer with my 1800cc Bike so I need around a 1250Lb rating !
Linc#3.jpg

(3) Modifying something close is an idea I hadn't thought of, but then your quoted prices for work, are laughable for here = you Guy's have NO IDEA how good you've got it, on all Cars/Parts/Labour!
(4) I have found an "off the shelf" job for my 1978 Lincoln Continental 460 from U-Haul - that I'm trying TO PURCHASE and Import as we speak = works out to around $500.00 but they don't do one for my specified New Yorker (Yes I have a small car collection - I just couldn't pass on the 1Owner Lincoln - Genuine 48k miles - won at Auction for $3k - But I'm a MOPAR MAN at heart).

Well ..... If I'm showing my cars off, I may as well show you the Cream of the Crop, OK Biggest $$$
AstonM#1.jpg

2001 DB7 Aston Martin V12 Vantage Coupe 435Hp
Don't get me wrong, I'm a "Workin' Joe" like you guys, took me 2 years to find this, then Import it = From a rich Lord who just test drove the new DB9 & sold this 10k Pounds undervalue = got for 15k Pnds
Purchased within 4 Hours of being put up for sale!

Once I figure out how to remove this one, you can have it. :)
2016-07-28 20.50.46.jpg

Since that is all you are towing, that makes things much easier.

This is what you can be looking for.

tow_hitch_28xxx_lg.jpg

This is as simple as it gets and if you can't find a used one, I'm thinking that a new one could be modified or a new one made from 3/8" steel.

Once I figure out how to remove this one, you can have it. :)
View attachment 89824
Jeeeepers Jeff !
That's one SERIOUS TowBar Son !
It'd cost me a HUUUGE amount of $$$ to Import.
Thank you for the offer, but I would have to decline, especially if you look below, that gentleman has the sizing right - just gotta get something like it. Jim.

Since that is all you are towing, that makes things much easier.

This is what you can be looking for.

tow_hitch_28xxx_lg.jpg

This is as simple as it gets and if you can't find a used one, I'm thinking that a new one could be modified or a new one made from 3/8" steel.
Hi Big John,
Yerrrp, that would be all I require. I spoke to my local Dodge Wrecker here (only 1 in the country - 1200 miles away) and he has nothing to suit, but used to make them, coming off existing Bumper Bar mount holes - until someone stepped in, declaring he MUST have accreditation for them = end of production. He even threw the plans & Jigs to make them away, as I said I'll have one "under the table" - without luck ! Who would've thought this would be so hard, as aren't these vehicles, the "go to" cars, back in the day, if you wanted a "Tow Car" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back