Joe Bonamassa's Plymouth

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Spotted this on FB yesterday. He used to play the local clubs around here when he was a kid.

Bonamassa Fury.jpg

He has an early 30's Ford pickup street rod too. Can't find a pic or video of it though.

I have a guitar signed by him I won at a car show raffle. When I got it I said, "Who is Joe Bonamassa?" The woman looked at me incredibly ans said, "You don't know?" So I asked her, "Who is Dietrich Bonhoeffer?" She had no idea. I said, "You don't know??"

Still have the guitar and now I know who he is.

Joe seems to me as one of the hardest working and dedicated guitarists. I don't own any of his music... But, appreciate his talent along with my favorites Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Keith Richards, Mike Campbell and Lindsey Buckingham.

I have a guitar signed by him I won at a car show raffle. When I got it I said, "Who is Joe Bonamassa?" The woman looked at me incredibly ans said, "You don't know?" So I asked her, "Who is Dietrich Bonhoeffer?" She had no idea. I said, "You don't know??"

Still have the guitar and now I know who he is.
hold onto that,that can become very valuable!

He grew up just up the Thruway in New Hartford. When he was in his teens, he was known as "Smokin' Joe" and played a lot of clubs in the Utica and Syracuse area. I just never got a chance to go see him and I regret it.

He's a self described nerd about guitars.

Back