Legendary Auto Interiors - Sale?

SPF Required

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all and Happy New Year!

I am not quite ready to move to the interior of my '68 300, but it appears Legendary may be having a pretty significant sale (25% off plus 5% more for online sales). This has certainly peaked my interest. I have seen that they have 15% sales quite often, but wanted to know from any of you if this 25% off happens at any sort of frequency? If not, I may go ahead and purchase the covers even though I won't install them anytime soon...

Any and all thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks!

upload_2018-1-7_9-9-52.png

Offer ends tomorrow! It will be back though. I bought some covers at 25% off on a Valentines sale 2016 or could have been 2015. 1970 Newport all vinyl buckets, they are perfect. And still in the box. Measured and test fitted, need foam now, and a roof.

I it nothing wrong with Legendary, but when I asked if they planned on making a set for buckets, for a 66 Polara, then offered to have them copy a seat for a pattern at my own expense, they said no. "No demand" they told me and wouldn't even talk to me after I offered the pattern. The rep literally turned 90° in his chair away from me. I get they didn't want to but he was rude about it. Fast forward a year and a half, and they have 65 C body seat covers! Must have gotten a lot of demand. Then I saw the price, and I will have a guy near me do my seats with foam for what it would cost for the covers alone. I'm a nobody, and they treated me as such. Their product may be great, but the service I had, in person, turned me off big time. But they do have a nice product.

I wish someone would make door panels and a dash pad for a Formal.

I can look at the catalogue, but am unable to order. The drop down menus don't work for me. Too bad you can't just input the part number. There is no listing for Plymouth C bodies (I need the Sport Fury interior for my Canadian Monaco 500)

Considering how many '65 Furys that were built with factory buckets, which I believe they've had for a good while, the more upscale Dodges might be similar? I think that if I was in that business, having the chance to get a good pattern for future use, might be a good thing to have. Especially if it didn't cost anything to get.

Rudeness is never a good trait for anybody trying to sell something! Customers DO have options!

CBODY67

I'm not totally sore, I'll buy covers for my Dart from them.

I need some seat foam , I ,ll call in the AM it shows this for 60-65 anyone know is this is one seat or for both seats ? Thanks
60/65 CHRYSLER A, B & C-BODY MOLDED BUCKET SEAT FOAM
MF60ABCSET

they have 15%-25% sales around all the U.S. holidays. always ask the sales rep when you call because i've had them give me the discount out of the sale period. if you are on their email list , you will get the promotions.

Same experience . . . 65 Monaco seats . . . they didn't want anything to do w/ them ("no demand for them"). But I do see where they have 65 Polara 500 seats now . . . probably because they're virtually the same pattern as the Coronet 500s.

Re-upholstering the front seats for my 72 Imperial have been on my list for a while. After 46 years, they're starting to show wear.
The best seat reproductions out there are probably Legendary, but with a $1535.00 ea. ($1381.50 ea. w/25% discount) price, then add in the cost for the seat foam at $82 each and 6 seat back foams at $20 each, I'm not sure I want to spend $3354.00 ($3047.00 sale price). Then knowing when I get them they will need a dye change to black ($200?). Heck, I could buy a $2500 car and still have some cash left over at those prices.
One of my biggest concerns are the 70 Hurst buckets compared to the 72 Imperial buckets look to be different, even though the Hurst seats are commonly referred to as Imperial seats. The back of the seat on these two cars are different. With the Hurst seat back plastic seat surround frame and headrest, it is completely different then the Imperial.
Anybody want to weigh in on this?

Seat for Hurst.jpg
Seat_for Hurst..jpg
Seat_Imp_front.jpg
Seat_ Imp rear.jpg

Just got off the phone with them. 69 Sport Fury buckets and rear seat total $770 (approx. $1000 CAD) plus shipping at the sale price. They say 4-5 weeks until shipment. Gotta think on this.

Re-upholstering the front seats for my 72 Imperial have been on my list for a while. After 46 years, they're starting to show wear.
The best seat reproductions out there are probably Legendary, but with a $1535.00 ea. ($1381.50 ea. w/25% discount) price, then add in the cost for the seat foam at $82 each and 6 seat back foams at $20 each, I'm not sure I want to spend $3354.00 ($3047.00 sale price). Then knowing when I get them they will need a dye change to black ($200?). Heck, I could buy a $2500 car and still have some cash left over at those prices.
One of my biggest concerns are the 70 Hurst buckets compared to the 72 Imperial buckets look to be different, even though the Hurst seats are commonly referred to as Imperial seats. The back of the seat on these two cars are different. With the Hurst seat back plastic seat surround frame and headrest, it is completely different then the Imperial.
Anybody want to weigh in on this?

View attachment 161377 View attachment 161378 View attachment 161379 View attachment 161380

I always thought that they were the same but looking at the photos you posted, they are definitely different. Not only the back, the front "insert stitching" and shape of the top. Those are a complex cover to sew and high grade leather to boot, that's why they're so pricey. You could send them yours to avoid any confusion and I assure you they could do them in Black. They won't come with the buttons installed or supplied, that's up to you.

Just got off the phone with them. 69 Sport Fury buckets and rear seat total $770 (approx. $1000 CAD) plus shipping at the sale price. They say 4-5 weeks until shipment. Gotta think on this.

You may as well go for it while the deal's on. Due to our great exchange rate you'll only end up paying a bit more than the regular price. At least customs didn't ding me on that one, they did this last summer. Both USPS shipments, change in years though. If you need them, you may as well.

You may as well go for it while the deal's on. Due to our great exchange rate you'll only end up paying a bit more than the regular price. At least customs didn't ding me on that one, they did this last summer. Both USPS shipments, change in years though. If you need them, you may as well.
If I go for it, I'll self clear the parcel, so no broker fees. Just GST, so about $50.

They charge you northern guys for anything coming across the border!

I have paid more for the import tax coming from the North then I paid for the parts a few times.

When I worked auto parts, a Canadian came in and bought some stuff over a few weeks. He asked me if I knew a place that could do driveshafts and I told him the guys I used. He came back happy as a little kid. "They were able to take the lift off the truck and swap in the stock stuff. Got it in the bed under the cover." He then explained how he'd have to pay tax on the lift, and the truck, basically be he said they screw you. I thought (and still think) that sucks. Glad I haven't had to go though that.

Back