My 1968 Chrysler Newport “Success Special “

I'm suspecting that all the available colours would have the turquoise/white interior, the way I read the description. My WAG on three of the other colours is white, black, and maybe a different shade of turquoise.

I'm suspecting that all the available colours would have the turquoise/white interior, the way I read the description. My WAG on three of the other colours is white, black, and maybe a different shade of turquoise.
as good a guess as any. Though '68 was a good year for Chrsler-brand C's, relatively speaking to other years, its not like they'd go all out with bunch Newp-only goodies.

Hell I was in second grade, but my dad woulda done the white winyl with Seaform .. otherwose I woulda been blubbering until he changed his mind :poke:

source: https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Chrysler-Range-1968-CA.pdf

I kinda read the success sale offer the way @300rag does. The one special interior, choice of whilte or black vinyl roof, and then WHAT exterior color would go best with that. A black, a white, the seafoam, and maybe one or both of these
1725306702949.png
1725306826556.png
1725306769463.png
1725306947364.png

in contrast, NOT whatever colors these ares below - if only one interior is in the package, I don't see many people opting to these exteriors
1725306220484.png
1725306333701.png
1725309814963.png

Last edited:
I had to go pull it out of the file folder. It does not mention any other exterior paint color. as a matter of fact, the brochure-mailer, as can be seen above, shows the 1st prize as a 2 door hardtop in seafoam turquoise metallic and is coded on realman334bama’s fender tag under paint as 441.i am assuming this was a model specific, special color as it doesn’t match my 68 Chrysler Corp Color chart, the paints all started with a letter, mine being HH1 Antique Ivory and the closet color would be Mist Turquoise poly which is coded KK1. Also, the brochure states it is available as a 2 door or 4 door hardtop. No mention of the Newport convertible or sedan as options for this special.
Thanks for the info.

Back