My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Very cool to know the history of your car! Maybe it was just his second house by the lake?!

I tried to get more information about the history of my car but couldn't find much...

I have a good number for the guy that supposedly purchased from the original family, I called and left him a message yesterday.

rofl.gif

Cool to see you found some of the history. I plan on driving to the house of the original owner, who is unfortunately dead now, and take some picture of the car in front of the house. I couldn't find any of her kids still living in the area. One of her sons drove it to college and that is where the body damage came from. I would love to contact him to see if there might be some vintage photo on campus with a couple of coeds.

I was actually thinking about the paint this time but you know I can hook you up if you really don't feel like thumbing back through the pages...

If I had that car I'd post an interior picture in every thread whether it was relevant or not...

Cool to see you found some of the history. I plan on driving to the house of the original owner, who is unfortunately dead now, and take some picture of the car in front of the house. I couldn't find any of her kids still living in the area. One of her sons drove it to college and that is where the body damage came from. I would love to contact him to see if there might be some vintage photo on campus with a couple of coeds.

Missed interior photo opportunity?

Ross your comment fits behind Zy's comment better

Here are the fender liners I got from Mr Park, pretty straight and solid. I stripped and recoated them before putting them on the car. One more thing checked off the list!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also picked up this little gem of an air cleaner from one of our newer recruits. Since I upgraded the engine to HP specs I knew it needed the extra snorkel in order to breath properly. I'll keep the single snorkel in the trunk for shows.
thanks Ray!

image.jpg

I also picked up this little gem of an air cleaner from one of our newer recruits. Since I upgraded the engine to HP specs I knew it needed the extra snorkel in order to breath properly. I'll keep the single snorkel in the trunk for shows.
thanks Ray!

A fantastic car just keeps getting more and more beautiful. And that air cleaner housing? Perfect!!

Posted via Topify on Android

I can't wait to see it again at Carlisle!

Matt, pleasure meeting you and seeing your CC "up close and personal". Beautiful car..no other way to say it.

Soon as you fired the HP-R/B up, and I heard the sound and saw that little "torque roll" I have come to know so well from some of my stuff, I knew like you already did that it'll breathe a bit better with two "nostrils". Glad to help out in this small way :eusa_angel:.

Good luck with the history search too...if its "story" can be learned, all the better. How they "lived" up to this moment in their history, if we can learn it, is also integral to the physical preservation of our classics...at least IMHO anyway.

Before I finish my CC next summer (not that much to go and I am sorry in hindsight that I didnt document the resto "journey" better), I hope I can call on you to take a look at it.

Ray

Ray, you can call on me anytime, I look forward to doing some cruising on Woodward and I'd be honored if you'd join me sometimes.

Dave, there was 2 on Ebay, now there's one.

Back