My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

It may have been closer to $600 including the front speakers.
The good news is I have rear speakers now, she bought them for me for my birthday and installed them! I was sure I had a keeper before but she just keeps getting better and better!

That's a lovely helper you got there Matt

Took the Imp on a shakedown road trip yesterday, about 400 miles round trip to the Lake Michigan shoreline. No issues except the radio which was intermittent at best and I hope to get to the bottom of that today. It is definitely ready for the trip to Carlisle!

I assume your lovely assistant went along. What were her feelings about riding in a rich mans fine automobile?

Took the Imp on a shakedown road trip yesterday, about 400 miles round trip to the Lake Michigan shoreline. No issues except the radio which was intermittent at best and I hope to get to the bottom of that today. It is definitely ready for the trip to Carlisle!

It must feel good to get some miles on it for confidence. Hope you figured out your radio problem, if not I bet you have one of these or something similar, for the trip to Carlisle. :)

Kind of the complete opposite of the hidden radio in the Imperial.

Radio.jpg

Radio.jpg

I assume your lovely assistant went along. What were her feelings about riding in a rich mans fine automobile?
Of course she was with me, I would keep her in my pocket all the time if I could.
She gets it but like most women, she just likes the car hobby because I do. Cruising around in these cars are a great way to spend time together with the one you love.

It must feel good to get some miles on it for confidence. Hope you figured out your radio problem, if not I bet you have one of these or something similar, for the trip to Carlisle. :)

Kind of the complete opposite of the hidden radio in the Imperial.

View attachment 33873
I hope it doesn't come to that Mike and btw, no yellow tools for me and I think Porter Cable has gone down the tubes quality wise since being bought up by those yellow bastards!

I agree Matt and my wife appreciates nice old cars but she's not really into them either. She did really like the 67 300 though and commented about how nice it was, especially the interior and that everything worked and was in excellent condition, and about how nice it drove and rode .. as opposed to my muscle cars. She still tells me I should have kept that one. I should have listened to her.

She gets it but like most women, she just likes the car hobby because I do. Cruising around in these cars are a great way to spend time together with the one you love.
Your so right Matt. The shows, cruise ins and road trips just wouldn't be as enjoyable without Ellie by my side.
More often then not she is the instigator for local events. She spends half the day fixing a fried chicken, or BBQ rib picnic with all the trimmings ....... Just for a cruise in.
And road trips ....!!!!!!!! She wanted to leave today for Carlisle.....LOL. I'll have to go look ..... she may be sitting in Jasebelle now.

We are both excited about meeting your lady as well as Bob's girl friend. Hopefully there will be more of the female faction of FCBO there.

Thanks guys, this is going to be great even without tunes...
I just got back from the radio guy's house and it looks like the unit may be defective. I'll put the original AM back in it and make due with it.

1,220 miles in 5 days and I only had to spend the last 16 miles on a flatbed...
fuel issues that I'm still trying to figure out, much improved after a new pump and a reroute of one section of fuel line that was close to the exhaust but I think I'm still vaporizing fuel out of the carb. Here's a kool pic from the ninth floor of the hotel in Niagara Falls.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That was a road trip. Good luck finding your fuel issue. I love the long distance shot showing the size of your '67 compared to everyone else. I had to laugh to myself when I stepped out of the hardware store today and I filled the entire marked parking place with Goldie. I parked where the trucks usually are parked. I was longer than the full size, extended cab, short bed truck parked behind me. I should have taken a picture.

It was also a falls view room!:grin:

image.jpg

Your car makes the pick up in the corner look like a mini!!

Looks like someone else had a leaking car. Funny, though: it seems to line up with about the front of your car. Sure you didn't move it right before the pic? :)

Very sure, I'm proud to say the Imp doesn't leak a drip...

Back