New guy needing sheetmetal help on a 62 Chrysler 300

Falconman

Reaction score
Hey guys am new here and hoping to find some help. I've been putting together a basket case 1962 Chrysler 300, Got her running and all the good stuff but...on these cars the Gas pedal is attached to the floor and then goes up the outside of the firewall to the carb..... The floor pan in that area of my car is completely gone..as in the pedal is laying in the grass under the car. And all the aftermarket floorpans I find have that specific section of the pan missing. I've dug high and low looked through various forums, websites. I did run across an article on Old cars Weekly website where Kopecky’s Klassics replaced a floor pan and sourced a complete floorpan from a company named R Car Fabs. I tried looking that company up online but came up with absolutely nothing. I'm hoping that someone around here might be able to point me in the direction of an outfit that makes a "Complete" driver's floor pan. Or at the very slim chance of having a donor car with a good pan in it...but I'm not counting on that kinda luck....

Have you tried CTC Auto Ranch in Denton?

Thay have a '62 Newport, along with a couple Dodge 880 sedans, which are basically the same car as your 300.

Jeff

Have you tried CTC Auto Ranch in Denton?

Thay have a '62 Newport, along with a couple Dodge 880 sedans, which are basically the same car as your 300.

Jeff
Yep, I did call them the same day that I made this post. They said they didn't have anything. Then again they didn't actually look. There semi local to me so when I take a week's vacation in July I plan on driving up there to see unless I find something first.. They tend to be more eager to help you when your actually there on site....

I don't think they are experts on parts interchanges. If you told them 1962 Chrysler 300, they may have just said that they didn't have one, since they don't.

I was down there last November and they told me they were ready to retire, so that may be having an effect on customer service too.

I bought a car from them and was supposed to go back down in March to pick it up, along with another car from a salvage yard in Abilene. One problem after another has delayed me from making the trip so far this year. Was hoping to get it done before it got too hot, but it looks like that's not going to be the case.

Jeff

I don't think they are experts on parts interchanges. If you told them 1962 Chrysler 300, they may have just said that they didn't have one, since they don't.

I was down there last November and they told me they were ready to retire, so that may be having an effect on customer service too.

I bought a car from them and was supposed to go back down in March to pick it up, along with another car from a salvage yard in Abilene. One problem after another has delayed me from making the trip so far this year. Was hoping to get it done before it got too hot, but it looks like that's not going to be the case.

Jeff
Yep I gave them a list of cars that were compatable. And I've bought one car from them and it was actually a pretty smooth exchange came with a clear blue title and everything? Hmm I didn't know they were getting ready to retire.. If they do there is still Browne Auto Salvage in sunset Texas.

Back