Thinking of selling my 66 Fury

Another Generation

Reaction score
OK..... I hate to think of it, but it may be time to sell my 66 fury and I'm wondering what this group thinks it's worth. I'm sure it will sell for less than I have into it, but that's the nature of classic cars!! It's a 1966 Sport Fury convertible. It draws lots of attention when I'm cruising and when I take it shows. The issue is storage space. I just have too much stuff and too many hobbies!!! Therefore, I'm considering letting this one go....

Mechanical
It was originally a 318 car (I believe) and now has a mid 70's 440 paired with a 727. It still has the small block gears in the rear which I think were 272 or something in that neighborhood. It has a 'Good Stuff' disc brake conversion on all 4 wheels and it stops. Some of you may remember I was having trouble with the conversion a while back. I finally located the specs for the conversion and it clearly called for a dual diaphragm brake booster. Once I installed one, the brakes started working if you can imagine! It also has virtually new American Racing wheels that are similar to the Magnum 500 wheels wrapped in virtually new BF Goodrich tires. It has dual exhaust that was installed shortly before I acquired the car. It also has an aluminum 4 core radiator with an auxiliary electric cooling.

Body / Interior
I think it had a grade 2 restoration about 8 years ago. According to the person from whom I purchased it, the car was painted and had many new interior components. I would call the paint fairly good. It looks great from 6 feet and shines up nicely. Unfortunately, there were a couple of spots where it appears the body shop did not properly prep the car for paint and it's bubbled a bit. A couple of spots less then the size of a dime and no significant rust. It had new door panels, seat covers, carpet, etc from Legendary at that time as well. It also had a new top around the same time frame that is still in good shape. It also has a parade boot for the top. The heater core was shot when I got it, but I installed a new heater core and a new blower motor. The cable for the divert door is bad and I installed a hand valve under the hood to control the flow of water. During the summer I just turn it off. The blower motor speed switch does not work. I just have a wire that I connect to run the fan. Some of the trim is somewhat pitted and the chrome bar along the top of the windshield is quite pitted. All the lights work as they should.

I've seen similar cars listed anywhere from $12K to $25K. If I sell it, what's a fair price?

20240727_122705.jpg

20240727_122715.jpg

20240727_122727.jpg

20240727_122750.jpg

20240727_122804.jpg

20240727_123230.jpg

20240727_175259.jpg

20240727_175306.jpg

Back