Would Anyone Be Willing To Help Me With Some Detective Work?

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I am going to leave some details out so I don't put certain things in the public eye. If somebody is willing to help me I'll give those details in a PM. Anyway years ago I was ripped off for $1500 on a car deal. I had already done 2 deals with this individual who is in Northern CA. I bought a nice rust free 65 300 project car. Red with white interior. The second time I bought a bunch of miscellaneous C body parts. Another good deal, in fact he even delivered those parts to me at Spring Fling in So Cal. The third time was NOT a charm. I was buying a 66 Newport 2dr HT. Sent pictures and made the deal. I sent him the money as I was not the slightest bit worried about him. Big mistake. After he received the money he disappeared. Even went as far as changing his phone number. I do have his address. I even had a Moparts member from the area stop by his house to find him not home. Anyway I wrote it off as costing more to pursue it. Now the other day I was on a Facebook page called Mopar swap shop & share and came upon an ad by this gentleman selling a truck. I commented on his post and contacted him through Messenger but no response and he blocked me. So I joined the group under my wife's name and did the same. He blocked me again. So what I would like for somebody to do is answer his ad and ask for more pictures to be texted or e-mailed so I can get more of his contact info. Preferably his phone number. Somebody already on Facebook obviously is who I need to help me. I doubt I'll ever see my money but at least I can make things uncomfortable for this crook. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am going to leave some details out so I don't put certain things in the public eye. If somebody is willing to help me I'll give those details in a PM. Anyway years ago I was ripped off for $1500 on a car deal. I had already done 2 deals with this individual who is in Northern CA. I bought a nice rust free 65 300 project car. Red with white interior. The second time I bought a bunch of miscellaneous C body parts. Another good deal, in fact he even delivered those parts to me at Spring Fling in So Cal. The third time was NOT a charm. I was buying a 66 Newport 2dr HT. Sent pictures and made the deal. I sent him the money as I was not the slightest bit worried about him. Big mistake. After he received the money he disappeared. Even went as far as changing his phone number. I do have his address. I even had a Moparts member from the area stop by his house to find him not home. Anyway I wrote it off as costing more to pursue it. Now the other day I was on a Facebook page called Mopar swap shop & share and came upon an ad by this gentleman selling a truck. I commented on his post and contacted him through Messenger but no response and he blocked me. So I joined the group under my wife's name and did the same. He blocked me again. So what I would like for somebody to do is answer his ad and ask for more pictures to be texted or e-mailed so I can get more of his contact info. Preferably his phone number. Somebody already on Facebook obviously is who I need to help me. I doubt I'll ever see my money but at least I can make things uncomfortable for this crook. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sure, I'll give it a go for ya !

Let me know how I can help too. I have been ripped off before as well; $2200 cash on one deal and lied to about the condition of a $6000 car I bought through Hemmings in 1998.

Let me know how I can help too. I have been ripped off before as well; $2200 cash on one deal and lied to about the condition of a $6000 car I bought through Hemmings in 1998.
I'm sure there are a lot of us out there that have been scammed. It's not a nice feeling at all.

For once, I wish I was on Facebook...
18.gif

If you have proof of this guy scamming you, you can get his IP address and ask law enforcement to contact his isp for his phone number and other personal info.
Sorry you have to go through this in the first place. That really sucks.

If you have proof of this guy scamming you, you can get his IP address and ask law enforcement to contact his isp for his phone number and other personal info.
I found that as simple as this sounds, in a case like this the police won't persue it beyond taking your complaint.

Unfortunately this happened 8 or 9 years ago. My bad for not going all out after him at the time. I was very busy at the time raising kids and starting a business. I just chalked it up as part of the cost of doing business. But when I saw his name on Facebook my blood started to boil again.

Unfortunately this happened 8 or 9 years ago.

I guess one issue is that the statute of limitations for a fraud or contract claim has already run. So, unless you plan on confronting him in person, it's probably just better to let things be and enjoy your retirement without any hassles or headaches.

I guess one issue is that the statute of limitations for a fraud or contract claim has already run. So, unless you plan on confronting him in person, it's probably just better to let things be and enjoy your retirement without any hassles or headaches.

Or I can have some fun with this harassing him hopefully not crossing any legal lines.

Ah yes, Scammed on Hemmings. Wish I lived in NoCal Chris. We'd fix hiz A$$. But unfortunately I'm not an FB guy either. I flew from Detroit to Phoenix in the late '80s to buy a '68 Formula S fast back 383 4 spd. car that waz supposed to be an original Arizona car. Guy picked me up at the Phoenix airport and we drove out to his place on the other side of Mesa 'bout an hour away. Turned out the car had spent it's 1st 7 yearz in Roseville, Mi.(North Detroit, the salt belt of the universe) When I refused to buy his car for even 1/10 of his asking price, he refused to drive me back to the airport and handed his land line out on his front porch so I could call a cab. I cut hiz phone line when the cab showed up over 3 hourz later and dropped hiz phone in the trash when I got dropped off at the airport. This waz in mid August BTW, and I made sure he never advertised in Hemmings again. G L Pal, Jer

Sorry to hear about your luck. But this sounds like it may be a fun thread to follow, revenge is so sweet!!

What if you somehow scammed him back?? If you can get into this facebook group and get a hold of him...see if he'll do a partial trade or something. Try and find out what car or parts he really needs. Heck, someone here might even have some tempting photos to send back to this guy too...get a few of us here onto this facebook page to string him along.

Can you post a link to the facebook page? Is it a mopar group thats localized? I'm pretty savvy on Facebook but I am Iowa.

Thanks to a member here I already have the information I need. Thanks to all who offered their assistance. I will keep you posted on how this plays out.

Back