WTF has happened to VHT SP126???? OUTRAGEOUS!

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
Esteemed Moparians,

I had to paint a LOVELY cast iron thermostat housing recently purchased from one of our Fellows, got out my last can of VHT SP126 "Early Chrysler Blue" spray enamel, feebly sprayed just enough to make ONE light coat of the turquoise enamel I used on my 915 heads and 4bbl intake 2 yrs ago, thus exhausting the last of the aerosol propellant in the can. Given a sizable volume of enamel clearly left in the can, I resolved to save it for careful decanting, and hand application. LTFDah Mr. Gerald! So, I searched the Worldwide Bazaar for more of the same enamel, finding obscene prices from ~$3-500.00 PER 11 OZ CAN of this product!!! Yet, I had purchased two cans just 2 years prior without much worry or expense. WTF???

Anyway, do any of Ye Wiser Moparians know of a viable substitute affordable to an impoverished but fertile old junky? We LIKE keeping our B/RB iron in the CORRECT color. Mere BLUE won't do!

Good god! Does that expensive paint have 5 OZ of high grade cocaine in it?

If so spray me a line and mail it to me!!!

I'm in prison so label it as "old notebook paper"

Cocaine is a LOT CHEAPER! I should know too, having shoveled pounds of the **** into my snout and veins. I guess further from the border, the stuff goes up in price still. NVM. Useless stuff anymore for moi.

I'll look at some other paint, or find a good shop to match it. Problem w that is it will need to be a shop that can mix high temperature resistant enaamels. I'll look into Duplicolor and Bill Hirsch, since those options are mentioned. Here is another possibility:

HERB'S PARTS TURQUOISE Engine Paint for 1962-1971 MOPAR 361 383 413 440 | eBay

Back