‘71 Fury Abandoned At Walmart

There was a '70 Monte Carlo "abandoned" for over a decade in a strip mall parking lot I used to drive by frequently. It degraded considerably over the years but it never seemed to get vandalized, which was nice. I always wonder about car abandonment in general, but especially with classics.

Since May? Wonder that code enforcement didn't act on it? But if the title got transferred and it was not stolen, and had no flat tires, they'd have to wait from the landowner to complain about it, I guess.

I sold a van to a guy who took it to Oklahoma upon purchase. Some three years later I got a call from the Bakersfield PD asking me why I had dumped my van on the streets and left it there? ??? Apparently the guy never registered it, then came back, after thoroughly trashing it. I told them I had mailed in the Release of Liability, so I didn't know why I was being contacted, then gave them the man's name and information, as well as his brother's name who was the contact on the sale. Never heard from them again. It's a shame he trashed it, because it was a nice van!

It's crazy to think no one noticed the car never arrived. Kinda hard to miss.

I know there's lots of folks that buy stuff and don't see it in person for months and sometimes years. But you'd think at somepoint, someone would start asking g questions

I'm going to manifest a full restoration thread of this car being on FCBO in the near future. With the "finished" photos to be taken in the same parking lot above.

Back