’70 Kickdown bracket hits the firewall

330dTA

Reaction score
I have a 670 cfm Holley on Edelbrock CH4B on top of a rebuilt 440.
The kickdown bracket, which I bought from eBay, is supposed to be correct for a C-body. But it hits the firewall, and leaves about 5 mm gap btw the carb pin and the rear of the slot. - AFAIK the pin is supposed to meet the bottom of the slot.

Were there different kickdown linkages on different size engines on the C-bodies?
Better still, would someone have measurements of the correct 69/70 440 linkage?

The 69 440 uses a one piece kickdown, the throttle bracket just has a guide for the rod.

Alan

Mine is a rebuilt ’69 engine in an original ’70 car. I cannot remember which year the kickdown linkage was supposed to be. I collected the missing bits and pieces for seven years.

Look carefully and you can see it all (69 Polara).
2013-01-19_010.jpg

Alan

Your Intake/Carb may be lifting it making it lean back into the firewall.

Alan

The correct '70 kickdown linkage has a solid slotted rod with a horizontal slot on the end of it. That slot mates to the rod which goes to the trans, with a corresponding slot. A lock screw holds them together once the adjustment is made. The '72 kickdown linkage is the same. Not like the pictured '69 and prior linkage (probably back to 1965?). Illustration is in the '70 Polara/Monaco FSM, in the transmission section. www.mymopar.com

Regards,
CBODY67

Back