137 mile 1978 NYB

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Not for sale.
Look at this post on Facebook
Low Miles No Miles | *137* miles | Facebook

Screenshot_20240112_093510.jpg

All of a sudden, the hermetically sealed '78 NYBs are coming out of the woodwork....
Yeah reading through the FB comments on the blue New Yorker I came across this comment:
"Lately a handful of these are resurfacing with absurdly low mileage..."

With this link @Hemmings
1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 273 miles( 455 km) the best all original car.

Notice the Hemmings disclaimer:
Disclaimer: The accuracy of this listing has not been verified by Hemmings.

Not a lot of pictures there, maybe the AD has been on Hemmings for eons @48k (CDN).

1705077593866.png

All of a sudden, the hermetically sealed '78 NYBs are coming out of the woodwork....
"Lately a handful of these are resurfacing with absurdly low mileage..."
I wonder if these cars were bought as "investments", kind of like a lot of other cars over the years. Think about it, the last big Chrysler and often these seem to be late builds.

You could probably buy one pretty cheap when the '79s hit the showroom and then just park it. They may even be left overs that sat into 1979.... Now C-bodies have come into having some cash value and the person that owned it since new figures it's time to sell.. Or it's part of their estate and the kids don't want Dad's old Chrysler... So they are hitting the market.

That's just a crazy opinion of mine and if you took that $5K you bought that new Chrysler with in 1978 and invested it, you could easily have well over $100K without too much work. Maybe that $5k car is worth $25K at best now.

If I had one of those low mile cars, I'd still drive the crap out of it...

I wonder if these cars were bought as "investments", kind of like a lot of other cars over the years. Think about it, the last big Chrysler and often these seem to be late builds.
Very possible. In 1976 I was working in a body shop in NY and we did the bodywork for an Oldsmobile / Cadillac dealership. 76 was the last year for the Eldorado Convertible and there were going to be no more drop tops. The owner of the dealership ordered I think 3 of them all loaded in popular colors and put them in storage as an investment. Not sure what ever happened to them but as John said 50 years of investing that money in the stock market would've been a lot more profitable and no storage costs and hassle.

Back