1960 Polara US model VS Canadian model

Furious

Reaction score
I have a 1960 Polara 2 door hardtop. This is a Canadian built car, and therefore has a number of differences from a US built car. Here's a few things that I noticed.

361 4 barrel engine. The US cars got the 383 4 barrel, but according to the Canadian service manual, all 122" wheelbase Dodges got the 361 only.

Black rad support, inner fenders, unpainted hood hinges with red springs. Canadian cars were painted with the fenders, hood etc off, then assembled. The underside of the hood is grey primer, because it was painted on a rack, and only the top and edges got sprayed with paint.

Regular wheel covers. US cars had the 4 flippers on the hubcaps, but Canadian cars had the more basic versions.

Wheels are the 50's type with 5 extra holes where the hubcap clips would have been riveted.

Brake drums with an alignment pin, and wheel bolts. US cars have wheel studs and lug nuts.

Seat upholstery is the same as the US Matador. [my car has the red and black interior]

Black carpet in a red interior. I assume the US cars have a red carpet.

Spare tire on the left side of trunk. Not up on the kickup like US cars apparently were.

Aluminum tag with model number, trim etc on cowl near left hood hinge. No fender tag with multiple codes.

The engine numbers, and car VIN are also a different system than the US built cars.

Probably other things are different, but that's what I have noticed so far.

I also have a Canadian 1960 Chrysler Windsor, and it has all these same details, and it has the same door panels, seat upholstery and carpet as the Canadian 1960 Polara.

Last edited:
Back