Reaction score
Contact seller
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4216517410.html

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

HUGO W. ACKERMANN's AKA "THE LAW"
His original 1962 Plymouth Police Car

PLEASE CALL HOUSTON WILLS AT 210-548-1310 FOR A SHOWING

NO TRADES, TEXTS OR EMAILS PLEASE. ASKING $5500

Up for auction is an original 1962 Plymouth Police Car, owned by feared Texas lawman "Hugo W. Ackermann, aka The Law!

Before we address the car, we MUST bring attention to the man. In the 1950's, 60's and 70's, this Texas lawman was feared in Guadalupe County. Know for pulling people from their cars on lonely Texas highways if they mouthed off to him and offering a pistol whipping.

When I Googled his name, I found a court case whereby he was convicted of putting a pet baby alligator against a man who allegedly ran over a hound dog in Marion Texas in 1949. You just can't make this stuff up! I also understand there was treats against his life and there is a bullet hole in the car on the drivers side.

His car we believe to be a 1962 Plymouth. We have confirmed it to be a factory police package car as the second digit in the vin number is a "9." Under the hood is believed to be a big block 413 Wedge with a factory four barrel carburetor and a three speed manual transmission. I can hear old Hugo dropping the clutch, burning the tires and winding up the siren as he's chasing down someone. If the car could talk!

All the original radios, siren and ruby red spot light are still there. What I can't believe is the original door decals still remain. Nothing is reproduction.

Also found in the car is old paper work, like court docs, citation books, gun and bomb information. I even found someone's old drivers license under the seat. I also found a poster promoting "Re-Elect Hugo Ackermann for Constable Precinct 2." inside.

The car itself is in fair shape. Hey...its an old cop car. They weren't babied. The body has a few bumps and bruises. The paint...well, not good and I would leave it alone. This car is a museum piece...I think it should mostly be left alone.

There is rust in the car in the usual places. I know the trunk lid is rotten at the location where it bolts to the swing arms.

We're not sure if the engine turns, but I intend to check that. What you see is extremely rare rare rare! A chance to own a true piece of Texas Lawman history.

The car will come with a Texas Notary Bill of Sale. The title was lost years ago.

Please contact Houston Wills at 210-548-1310 with any questions before bidding please. The car is in San Antonio Texas.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Now that's a kool cop car!

The emblem is worth the price.

Guadalupe County Constable. Even Hollywood couldn't come up with something as good as that.

I'm trying not to want to be the guardian of this car and it's story. A museum would pay twice.

Memorandum by Mr. Justice JACKSON, dissenting.This case involves the power of federal officials to bring state officials to punishment under the remnants of Reconstruction Period legislation.
The state officer in this case, I may observe, richly deserves severe punishment. But

Last edited:
Well, ended anyways.

Same guy had an old Ford cop car. 2 door, stick with overdrive. I think it was a 57. It sold for a little over 10k IIRC

Disagree with the seller. This one needs a nut and bolt restoration. Some real history going on there.
That would be nice in an ideal world where there is no war and every child has a book but....
Nobody can afford a full resto on that. It's pretty bad. The guy was not a well known hero, just a local long forgotton legend.

Posted via Topify on Android

The car is in fair shape per the seller and is from Texas. Probably nothing like the basket cases we have up north here. There's a small # highly dedicated police car devotees that would love this as a project.

Oh c'mon! Absolutely rediculous. This guy is in for some real disappointment spread over a long period of time.

Not even down from the trailer. :)

This car hopefully will just have a mechanical restoration done. If he does that, you would have 15-20k into it total. There is a guy advertising for former Texas Dept. Safety squad in Mopar Collector Guide every month but for a different year. I hope he was the winning bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back