1963 Imperial Vacuum Hoses Under Dash

RKC

Reaction score
1963 Imperial: There is one vacuum hose that comes through the middle of the firewall and goes over the steering column. Where does it hook to? There is a short vacuum hose by the emergency brake mechanism. Both ends of the short hose are disconnected. I could not find any information in the service manual. Where does it connect to on both ends? Thank You!

The vac release parking brake releases the parking brake when the trans gear selector is pulled out of "P" and into a drive range, normally "D" or "2" or "1", but probably includes "R" too. So, there has to be a vac "switch" near the steering column, I suspect. I'm not sure if that is also the same vac supply that goes to the hvac instrument panel control. Seems like there is a hvac vac hose routing map in the FSM? I would suspect the parking brake vac operation would be detailed in the FSM, though. Which might also note where the vac source for it might be.

Just some suspicions,
CBODY67

The vac release parking brake releases the parking brake when the trans gear selector is pulled out of "P" and into a drive range, normally "D" or "2" or "1", but probably includes "R" too. So, there has to be a vac "switch" near the steering column, I suspect. I'm not sure if that is also the same vac supply that goes to the hvac instrument panel control. Seems like there is a hvac vac hose routing map in the FSM? I would suspect the parking brake vac operation would be detailed in the FSM, though. Which might also note where the vac source for it might be.

Just some suspicions,
CBODY67
Would it be on the steering column because it is push button shift, not column shift?

Back