WANTED 1965 Chrysler Tilt Steering Column

Omni

Reaction score
Contact seller
Good Evening All
Just thought I would ask before Carlisle.
Looking for a tilt steering column w/steering wheel for a '65 Newport.
The more complete the better.
Compiling parts for a winter project.
Shoot me a PM if you: 1) have one you want to part with
2) going to Carlisle (2024)
Thanks for your time
Omni

I would check with Murray Park, as he'll be at Carlisle, and do it soon as the show is next week. Sometimes he can be hard to reach in the summer going to numerous shows.......

Just some info, FWIW . . . I found out that these 65 tilt columns are not Mopar at all! Even though they were assigned Mopar part numbers, Chrysler purchased every one of them from GM.

I once ran into a Chevy guy, who was lamenting the fact that tilt column parts were so hard to come by. He was thrilled to inform me that he had removed two complete columns from Chryslers in the local yard, for his Impala.

Good luck in your search - just broaden it to include high line GM cars - Caddy, Olds, Buick . . .

Just some info, FWIW . . . I found out that these 65 tilt columns are not Mopar at all! Even though they were assigned Mopar part numbers, Chrysler purchased every one of them from GM.

I once ran into a Chevy guy, who was lamenting the fact that tilt column parts were so hard to come by. He was thrilled to inform me that he had removed two complete columns from Chryslers in the local yard, for his Impala.

Good luck in your search - just broaden it to include high line GM cars - Caddy, Olds, Buick . . .
I know the tilt-telescopic column that started in 1966 was a GM part. I always assumed that the 1965 tilt-only column was Chrysler, mostly because it uses the typical Chrysler 3-spoke steering wheel.

Back