1965 Dodge Monaco

Would one have to consider the Canadian Monacos were equivalent to the U.S. Polaras?
I'm very fuzzy on the canuck cars.

Canada only for a '65 Monaco Convert. Also had a Fury dash but I believe everything else was equal to USA cars.

Canadian cars looked the same outside as a Monaco 500 (without the 500 badge) , looked like a Sport Fury inside. IIRC, the whole interior was SF. U.S. Monacos were equivalent to a Canadian (only) Polara 880.

Canada only for a '65 Monaco Convert. Also had a Fury dash but I believe everything else was equal to USA cars.

I'd have to go look to get it right but I also recall that the BIG engine in one of them was a 426 wedge while the other had a 413. I think it was US 426/Canada 413, but like I said, I'd have to go look it up.

And that ain't happenin'

Thanks for the info. Too bad there wasn't a '65 Monaco 'vert. I really like the interiors, especially the dash and console.

Thanks for the info. Too bad there wasn't a '65 Monaco 'vert. I really like the interiors, especially the dash and console.

There WAS a '65 Monaco 'vert. You just had to come north to buy one.

IIRC there was a convertible in Canada but not in the U.S.

I'll stand to be corrected on that.

Canadian cars looked the same outside as a Monaco 500 (without the 500 badge) , looked like a Sport Fury inside. IIRC, the whole interior was SF. U.S. Monacos were equivalent to a Canadian (only) Polara 880.

From what I'm being told, the interior is different for the Canadian versions.

It was the U.S. Polara interior, right?

Posted via Topify on Android

Ok, gentlemen, here we go. Dug out my '65 Monaco Canadian sales brochure and have included a few pics. The interior is different from USA specs and it did not receive the full length center console. Hope this helps clear things up. brochure 1.jpgbrochure 2.jpgbrochure 3.jpg

brochure 1.jpg

brochure 2.jpg

brochure 3.jpg

Back