Not open for further replies.

67-Fury

Reaction score
Contact seller
I think I really like this car.

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/5251749315.html

00Q0Q_2mBdo1AkKZw_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_2mBdo1AkKZw_600x450.jpg

I'm selling my 1965 Plymouth Fury III. It's a Factory 4 speed 383 big block bench seat car. I have the fender tag and original build sheet for the car. Runs and Drives. The 4 speed is a rare option to have the 4 speed and to have it with a bench seat is an even more rare set of options. The cars original color was white but has been changed to B5 blue. The car has many new parts. I have a bunch of receipts to show. Rebuilt Trans. Some of the new parts include a new wood steering wheel, new clutch, new Edelbrock intake and 4 barrel carb. Both front and rear bumpers are new chromed bumpers. Four new BF Goodrich tires and four new 15" steel powder coated wheels. New shocks and new full FlowMaster exhaust. The seats have been redone and the door panels are new as well. New door handles inside and out. New seat belts. New Carpet. New Headliner but it is not installed. I have many more parts is too long to list everything. All of the glass is great. The trim has to be put back on the car; both interior and exterior. I have all of the trim for the car. Most of it is in good condition where you can re anodize or rechrome it without having to fix any dents. Some trim has to have dents fixed but nothing major. This is a great car to finish up over the fall or winter and have it ready for spring. I simply do not have the time to do it myself because I have 2 jobs and work 7 days a week. Price is negotiable but do not low ball with an offer. It's a very nice car and is rare. Feel free to call or text me anytime and If I do not answer I will as soon as possible. You can text me anytime with questions. Feel free to make an offer. The worst I can do is pass.

65 fury int.jpg

I like it too.

65 fury int.jpg

It's a 65. Too many 1 year only.

But he sounds like a genuinely nice guy.
I hope he gets bona-fide replies.

Wow. What a sweet car. Someone should jump on it.

The quarters look as if These notorious repops were used, I think .
But nice Overall package.

A few observations:

1. Hard to tell from the pics but looks like a radio delete which would also be strange on a Fury III.
2. Questionable Fury III door panels though they don't look too bad.
3. Square shifter boot. Unless 65's were different the 66's would have had oval boots to match the hole in the tunnel.
4. If you're having the bumper re-chromed why not get the bulge taken out at the same time.
5. The heater hoses are looped back ??
6. Red, white, blue side markers were Sport Fury. Fury III were just straight chrome I believe.

Love the look but I sense a hybrid. He says he has the fender tag. Needs to be verified.

A few observations:

3. Square shifter boot. Unless 65's were different the 66's would have had oval boots to match the hole in the tunnel.

Terry, I can't find a picture, but on mine the hole in the hump is oval, but the holes for the boot trim are in a square pattern. Maybe it has something to do with the change from Hurst in 65 to Inland shifters in 66. :shruggy:

Terry, I can't find a picture, but on mine the hole in the hump is oval, but the holes for the boot trim are in a square pattern. Maybe it has something to do with the change from Hurst in 65 to Inland shifters in 66. :shruggy:

OK if yours is that way too then it's most likely the way they were done in 65. There were a few subtle differences between the two years.

My 65 also has a square boot.
The door panels aren't factory but look ok.
The quarters look sketchy
I'd like to crawl under it and see the undercarriage.
It it runs and drive ok, and it wasn't crusty underneath, I would say the value is worth close to asking price.

A few observations:

1. Hard to tell from the pics but looks like a radio delete which would also be strange on a Fury III.
2. Questionable Fury III door panels though they don't look too bad.
4. If you're having the bumper re-chromed why not get the bulge taken out at the same time.
5. The heater hoses are looped back ??
6. Red, white, blue side markers were Sport Fury. Fury III were just straight chrome I believe.

Love the look but I sense a hybrid. He says he has the fender tag. Needs to be verified.

Also missing the fender trim which frames the headlights. Sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

Also missing the fender trim which frames the headlights. Sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

Yea that trim is almost unobtainium. Even on a rust free car like mine, the screws holding the trim on had to be drilled out.
I think I read somewhere he had the balance of the trim, you'd think he would have at least mounted that trim for the price range he's in.

you know when I was 18 (3 years ago) I remember parting out a 65 fury got the grille, Headlight bezels and from what I remember the Trim around the Fender Lip Above the Headlights. But I will be Damn if I knew what the hell happened to them. I didn't know they were so rare If someone has a pic of what it looks like off the car I might be able to find it. I have a whole garage full of parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back