For Sale 1965 Plymouth Fury III - $9500 OBO

jcu85

Reaction score
Contact seller
1965 Plymouth Fury III 440 / 727 / 3.55 Suregrip. Originally a "Commando" 383 car, but has been since swapped in favor of a 440. Purchased in 2008, brought to its current condition from 2008-2012 as a father/son project, daily driver for 2011-2017, occasionally driven since then.

Highs:
1. 440 was a test engine and came with a dyno sheet - 509HP / 589TQ. It now has a 670 Street Avenger carb, so it’s likely less than those numbers. Still very fast... C-Body TTI headers in good shape - not hacked up B-Body headers. Engine has <5,000 miles since I installed it in ~2013.

2. 727 transmission was rebuilt by Russell in Manchester, NH ~2014. Shifts great, goes in gear fine.

3. 3.55 Suregrip was a swap meet find in good condition. Leaves two black lines.

4. Being from SC, frame is in great shape. I believe it was factory undercoated.

Lows:
1. The body has spots of rust and bubbling/chipped paint, the worst of which are the lower rear quarter panels. Lower rear quarters need to be replaced or repaired. Area near the rear window has chipped paint / bubbling and could use some attention. Firewall has some spots that would need attention, but its mostly in flat areas. Trunk pan was replaced with a flat sheet, but the dog legs still have some holes.

Many repair panels / patches are available now, that were not when I first did the car. My suggestion would be trunk pan, dog legs, lower quarters, and minor repair near the roof line (that area is generally solid, its just a little bubbly).

2. Interior is fair. Since I had it - front seats were reupholstered, headliner was done, carpet was installed, and swapped in the rear seats from a Sport Fury. Door cards, dash pad, and interior trim is generally tired.

3. It hasn't been driven more than a few times a year since late 2020. My father and I brought everything up to snuff to get it daily driver-able in 2020, but other things got in the way... Passed inspection and started driving it that year, but it was put into a garage in 2020, then taken out in 2023. Unfortunately I haven't had time to get back into it. It really needs a "going through" - tune up, inspection, brakes, adjustments, carb clean, etc.

4. Electric fuel pump wiring and reverse light wiring is a little ghetto - both are Autozone toggle switches near the dash. Really not a lot of wiring/work, but I did it when I was 16 and it has not stood the test of time. It works but they should just be wired up the proper way. Fuel pump wiring was that way to prevent theft, reverse light wiring was a temporary fix that became permanent.

Ultimately -
1. It's a project car, with a great base drivetrain, a solid frame / unibody, in need of body work.
2. It could be brought to daily driver condition in a dedicated weekend or two.
3. Everything mechanical on it has been gone over at some point.
4. It would be a respectable candidate for a bona-fide restore.

I love this car, but I just purchased a house so it's unlikely I'll have the time for it in the next few years, and it pains me to see it sit.

I have an extra door, and C-Body 4 speed pedals for a swap that never materialized, along with other odds-and-ends.

Asking $9,500 OBO and I am located in Southern NH.

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Back