1965 Plymouth Police Car Fender Tag

Torky

Reaction score
A contributor recently posted pictures of a fender tag from a 1965 Plymouth. While my under construction VIN/Fender Tag decoder does not encompass Plymouths or Dodges, there is a lot of similarity between brands on 1965 fender tags. I entered the data, did some mod's and came up with the attached. It is incomplete, contains some errors and speculations but I would ask the poster 68hemiRR confirm my data entries. Some of the numbers and letters were a little fuzzy. Also, friendly readers with '60-'65 DeSoto's, Chryslers or Imperials: I need more examples to help develop and test my decoder. I would again ask if there is anyone out there that has done some R&D on a '60-'65 decoder to touch base with me and share knowledges, questions and perspective. Thanks.
65 Plymouth Police Car 6-22-24.jpg

65 Ply Police 2DS 383.JPG

A contributor recently posted pictures of a fender tag from a 1965 Plymouth. While my under construction VIN/Fender Tag decoder does not encompass Plymouths or Dodges, there is a lot of similarity between brands on 1965 fender tags. I entered the data, did some mod's and came up with the attached. It is incomplete, contains some errors and speculations but I would ask the poster 68hemiRR confirm my data entries. Some of the numbers and letters were a little fuzzy. Also, friendly readers with '60-'65 DeSoto's, Chryslers or Imperials: I need more examples to help develop and test my decoder. I would again ask if there is anyone out there that has done some R&D on a '60-'65 decoder to touch base with me and share knowledges, questions and perspective. Thanks.View attachment 667526

View attachment 667527
Check out this site. https://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-osterling65fendertag.html

Very familiar with Ralf's work and have used it to load my decoder. Thanks for the post and response. Do the entries into my decoder match the data on the plate? You don't happen to have the VIN, do you? 88HemiRR, eh? Top Gun.
It looks right to me except it didn't have a vinyl roof. The car rotted away and went to the crusher years ago so I don't have the VIN, but it's rebuilt 383 engine is still alive and kicking in this 34 chevy coupe.

00002.JPG

Last edited:
Back