WANTED 1965 to 1969 C-body 8 3/4 Rear Axle Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostDeere59

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking to update my '60 Desoto, seems like the best fit will be a 1965 to 1969 C-body 8 3/4.

Want the entire axle including brakes, and if possible the emergency brake cables at the backing plates (please cut/torch them ahead of the coupling). Not particular about ratio, limited slip, or brake size, but willing to pay accordingly for a "better" unit.

I'm in eastern PA (ship-to ZIP of 18901) but will travel a couple of hours for the right rear at a fair price. Shipping costs on something this size are prohibitive unless you're willing to sell the rear cheap.

Message or respond here, or email at LostDeere59@hotmail.com

Thanks

Gregg

ever come out towards Chicago? Got one out of a 68 300.
Never been, but it looks like an interesting drive.

Tell me more. What size brakes, ratio, posi? Out of a 300 I'd think it would be a nicely equipped unit.

And price?

Gregg

I"m in NW burbs. My shop is in Eastern Iowa where most of my stuff is. I'll be back there next weekend. Pretty sure it'll have 11x2.5" brakes on it. If not I've got some of those parts. It's a 2.73 1 legger. I do have different sure grip center sections. Pretty sure I've got a 2.73 SG, and a 3.23 SG separate for sale.
$250obo for the rear end with drums and such. I have to check whether the 2.73 SG is cone or clutch. The 3.23 is clutch type and nice, $650 on that. With at least a deposit I could get the stuff out to Chicago for pick up.

Gregg,

Have one still attached to a '68 Fury parts car. $200 and your remove it. I have air tools and an acetylene torch if needed. Located in central Connecticut about 3.5 hours from you. Also have one that's been sitting outside for quite some time that is complete with leaf springs but the drums are likely rusted and I doubt the wheels will turn. Believe the brake cable has been cut but they are readily available.

If your car is not a convertible, I also have new aftermarket tinted windshield for your '60 Desoto.

Bill

65 66 are one width , 67 68 another , 69 70 and then another width , it small amounts . but there all different from each other in width . i found out the hard way . hope i make it easy for you .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back