WANTED 1966-68 Stub frame

I'm looking for a solid '66-68 stub frame. I would like to find one preferably in Southern Ontario. Let me know what y'all got.
If it helps, 1966-1969 Dodge and Chrysler c-body front stub frames have 47" torsions bars and will work.
1.18" x 47" C-body HD Street/Track (WR 280)
Plymouth c-body has 44" torsion bars for those years. you need to replace torsion bars to use Plymouth.

I believe my car has a Plymouth stub frame. I read somewhere that the Canadian Plodges had them instead of the Chrysler/Dodge units. Does that sound right?

I believe my car has a Plymouth stub frame. I read somewhere that the Canadian Plodges had them instead of the Chrysler/Dodge units. Does that sound right?
Usually the Dodge and Chrysler have an extension at rear of the subframe to accommodate longer 47" torsion bars, which Plymouth does not have with its 44" torsion bars
Please note: the pics below are of 1971 and later front subframes, but the torsion bar mount difference is same for earlier years
Plymouth Looks like
PXL_20221106_180649318.jpg

plymouth 1971-1973 stub frame, torsion bar mounts only difference.jpg

Dodge & Chrysler looks like, see the 2 extensions to accomodate 47" torsion bars
Mopar Papa 1970 Dodge.jpeg

Chrysler & Dodge 1966-1969 C-body subframe & 1970 C-body convertible subframe looks like. Extensions at torsion bar mounts. Don't have pic of earlier Plymouth subframe.
1970 conv stub frame.JPG

Last edited:
I have a good one out of a 68 Plymouth. I posted it for sale here a couple months ago with no interest. I’m in metro Detroit - message me if interested. You can still see my ad in the fore sale section.

I think a few of us have learned here that Canadian 1966 Monaco/Polara did infact use 44" torsion bars, meaning they were using the Fury stub frames. Which isin't surprising given that '65 and '66 Canadian C-body Dodges borrowed heavily from Fury for interior parts (trim and instrument panel).

I'm curious about 1965 US C-bodies - what had 44 vs 47 in bars.

I have a good used rust free 68 Fury stub frame available. I am in Texas. I can ship anywhere in the Us if you have broker or can cross border for pickup.

I think a few of us have learned here that Canadian 1966 Monaco/Polara did infact use 44" torsion bars, meaning they were using the Fury stub frames. Which isin't surprising given that '65 and '66 Canadian C-body Dodges borrowed heavily from Fury for interior parts (trim and instrument panel).

I'm curious about 1965 US C-bodies - what had 44 vs 47 in bars.
I'm going to have to look at my cars. I have both a US and Canadian car, never knew there may be a difference.

Back