Status
Not open for further replies.

67-Fury

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5082741517.html

00E0E_dGal7X8UChT_600x450.jpg

00E0E_dGal7X8UChT_600x450.jpg

I want this one too, that makes 3 this morning!

Now that would keep Goldie good company. It has the cool option wheel covers too.

The alleged 22 mile Chrysler and the 4 spd fast top.

Just talked to the owner/seller of this car...Sadly, he told me he went to replace a bad freeze plug and found a crack in the block. He had it sold until he found this...now he's not sure what he's going to do...sell it as is or replace the motor and try to sell it again later on. Anyone that has a good spare 383 sitting around...might be a good time to jump in on this one.

Just and FYI for ya'll...Bob

I do have a 383 in my Garage out of a 66 Chrysler maybe this is fate?

That's not too far from you, right? What are you waiting for, you could probably negotiate that price down a lot.
Yea it is only about a hour from me and with a crack in the block I would get it a lot cheaper....now you have me thinking

The car is a beautiful color.

Depending on where and how deep the crack is, it actually may be repairable (or so I've heard) ...at least sometimes.

You still have to pull the engine and strip it all down. And then find a master craftsman who can do the repair. But I have heard of it.

Unless you just HAVE to have a matching numbers car, I thing few people will go through the effort. They will just drop in a "known good" block and be done with it.

Just a quick FYI on this car - I spoke with the owner (Dan) a couple weeks back about it, right after he'd found the block crack. He was very honest about small areas of bodywork and such, and sent a bunch more photos last Friday. Aside from a few typical cracked upholstery seams, it's as nice as it looks in the original shot.

At that time he said he was probably in the $4K range the way it sits. So for someone nearby with a spare 383 sitting around....

Just a quick FYI on this car - I spoke with the owner (Dan) a couple weeks back about it, right after he'd found the block crack. He was very honest about small areas of bodywork and such, and sent a bunch more photos last Friday. Aside from a few typical cracked upholstery seams, it's as nice as it looks in the original shot.

At that time he said he was probably in the $4K range the way it sits. So for someone nearby with a spare 383 sitting around....
Hope you ain't talking about me lol.

But you seemed so....excited? Ready to pounce? Maybe I'm projecting just a bit. :D

Here are a couple of the shots he sent me. Look at that engine bay. It's enough to make you weep just thinking about pulling that engine. Looks like it left the factory 3 months ago. Interior is gorgeous too, aside from the typical split seat seams.

Broadside.jpg

Engine bay.jpg

I have enough cars I think on buying I do not want to add to that list lol.

Don't think of it as buying another car - think of it as buying an engine holder for that 383 in your garage! ;)

a 4000 dollar engine stand, Hmmm...The tire it is resting on seems to be doing a good job for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back