1966 Sport Fury Stub Frame - what else does it fit, if anything?

mcmlvii

Reaction score
I'm going to be parting out the below '66 Sport Fury carcass and was wondering about the stub frame, if it will fit other years than just 1966, or possibly Dodge/Chrysler models (a bit of a stretch I'm thinking). I plan on selling the frame (and other parts when I get around to dismantling) and would like to be knowledgeable on what it might fit.
20180814_172420.jpg

If anyone is looking at the photo and thinking, "Why is he parting this out?", let me tell you. The reason I bought the shell is to get good rear sheet metal for my car's rusted quarters. A previous owner also took out the rear suspension and welded in a two-link ladder bar/coilover setup and hacked out the inner wheelhouses and majority of the trunk floor. Oh, and the motor mounts have been torched off... In my opinion it would have been monumental to get this car on the road again. Ok, enough rambling, what say the experts? Thanks much.

I *think* you're limited to Plymouth only, but a person with a parts book could tell for sure. But with the motor mounts torched off, who will really be interested?

Thanks Polara. I would imagine someone with a bent or rusted-out stub frame would entertain the idea of getting a straight piece to work with.

OMG, you've parted out that 4-speed car! JK

The subframe is likely 66-68 usable, might be an option for a 65 wanting to ditch the goofy DS motormount. But yours has been torched on, so...
Good option for someone wanting to put a new Hemi in a 66-68 C, esp if they have a rusted stub.

Chrysler uses 47" torsion bars vs Ply and Dodge at 44", but I believe that difference is made up in longer sockets on the Chrysler trans crossmember.

So ultimately it might fit 65-68 P-D-C, but I cannot be 100% on that. But gives you food for thought.

Love those front tires, BTW!

OMG, you've parted out that 4-speed car! JK
Ha, good one. They do look like the same car.

Thanks for the info, FF. I was hoping the stub would fit more than one year. And I'm glad someone noticed those ultra-rare bias ply nylon Monarch tires. They're very special. I think I'll keep 'em........

Back