For Sale 1967 516 heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
These were removed from a great running 383 recently and are in bolt-on condition. these are closed chamber, small valve heads commonly found on non hp engines. I had these exact same heads on the 440 in my Imp..
$150.00 + shipping from the Detroit area.
As an example I recently quoted shipping these to Nebraska and it was 100 bucks so at $250 shipped I think is a pretty nice deal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I know this has been asked alot. But how much compression would these add to a smogger 400? Would the smaller valves make it pointless with less flow?

Currently have the srock 452's. Don't think they have ever been off the engine..

The closed chamber heads will help a bunch. years ago I Installed 915 heads, small valves with a roadrunner intake and carb, and that 400 really woke up. In the near term I am doing the same thing to my 400,(1977) but sticking with a 1968 two barrel setup. I
am looking for low end power and mileage, not high performance.

The only thing I might do with these is upgrade the valve springs if your cam is bumpier than stock otherwise maybe just new seals.

Do you still have these? I should know this but, what does closed chambered mean? Im in northern ohio with 76 new yorker that might like those on it.

ignore my first stupid question about the closed chambers. I am interested if you still have them.

keep in mind that the 516's probably don't have hardened seats ( the 452"s do) so you might have problems using unleaded gas with them.

I know this has been asked alot. But how much compression would these add to a smogger 400? Would the smaller valves make it pointless with less flow?

Currently have the srock 452's. Don't think they have ever been off the engine..

keep in mind that the 516's probably don't have hardened seats ( the 452"s do) so you might have problems using unleaded gas with them.

They weren't hardened originally but after a ca-zillion poundings by the valves they are now so put them on and go. If you do any work to pre-452 heads you should really add hardened seats. If you cut 452's you should should also replace the seats as the hardening was just to the surface which will be ground off with the valve job.

I don't know how I didn't see the responses but I still have these. Next time send me a pm if interested.

Lifetime Detroiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back