For Sale 1967 Plymouth VIP 2 Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

68vipguy

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hate to list, but really need to move so I can finish other projects.
383 Car. No Motor currently
Have a Transmission to go with it.
Options are ; Tilt/Telescoping Steering, Cruise, Power Windows, A/C.
body in great shape for the age. Needs lower quarter and fender work but underneath is solid.
All Glass is there. Interior in decent shape. Has small spots in Passenger floor, and trunk extensions. Will take pics for anyone seriously interested. All trim is in very good to great shape. If not for wanting to finish my 68, I would not sell.

Asking $2000. I know that sounds high, but it is 90% there. Must see to appreciate.
Come see it and Make an offer.

vip2.jpg
vip3.jpg

Somewhat of a rare car with nice options. Suggest you post more photos including the interior, engine compartment and trunk compartment and let us know if you have a dead 383 to go with it. If the trim is good and the tail lights are good, your price may be a fair price. Good luck.

I took these while it was under a tarp. I didn't completely uncover it but will add more pics this weekend as temps watrm up. But you can see some of the interior.

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

I don't think $2000 is too bad. 2dr, VIP, interior seems decent based on the limited pics, orig color of black is pretty cool.
But yes, it needs the right person to carry it onward.

What are all these switches?
The ones to the left are flashers, wipers, and washers. The other 3 are ???
upload_2018-1-27_17-49-58.png

Can maybe save you a job, then, if this helps you:
Does this car have the flow-thru ventilation?
Package shelf would have a punched-metal grating/grille on it, and below back window has openings similar to the cowl panel by the windshield wipers. I can't tell due to the wetness/reflections, but looks like it might be there.

If so, I believe that's 67 only, and a really neat option (in theory, anyway). I've seen it in person only on 1 car I parted out years ago, and I wish I knew more about it. I'll probably never own a car with it, though, as for any '67 that would have it, I'd rather have the '68 version instead (I think they did better styling on the 68s).

upload_2018-1-27_19-54-39.png

Can maybe save you a job, then, if this helps you:
Does this car have the flow-thru ventilation?
Package shelf would have a punched-metal grating/grille on it, and below back window has openings similar to the cowl panel by the windshield wipers. I can't tell due to the wetness/reflections, but looks like it might be there.

If so, I believe that's 67 only, and a really neat option (in theory, anyway). I've seen it in person only on 1 car I parted out years ago, and I wish I knew more about it. I'll probably never own a car with it, though, as for any '67 that would have it, I'd rather have the '68 version instead (I think they did better styling on the 68s).

View attachment 164823
Yes it does have that option. The more i find out about this car the more it seems sorta rare. Makes me wanna find it a good home where someone can take it back to its glory.

say can any of you fine folks help out with decoding the buildsheet? some things are self-evidencing but just curious.

seller seems like a cool guy .. trying to see if we can help each other out. hope it works out but if not i am sure it will get a good home.

I started diggin' these 67 VIPS in the C body wheel and tire thread. i like 'em with and without the vinyl top --fast top looks good either way to me.

if i get it, next time y'all see it it will have RWL tires and magnums -- get your rotten tomatos ready for me. Just hit me .. not the car :)

1967-plymouth-fury-vip-383-arizona-car-no-rust-rebuilt-engine-transmission-1.jpg
1967-plymouth-fury-vip-383-arizona-car-no-rust-rebuilt-engine-transmission-4.jpg
1967-plymouth-fury-vip-383v8-rare-classic-2.jpg
1967-Plymouth-Fury-VIP-Rear-Corner.jpg
download.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back