1968’ 300 Transformation

Reaction score
Got my car all detailed up for Carlise today, figured now would be a good time to post the pics of what the car looked like when I got it. Sure has come along way in 9 months!

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1285.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_1291.jpeg

IMG_5697.jpeg

IMG_5698.jpeg

IMG_5703.jpeg

IMG_5712.jpeg

IMG_5706.jpeg

Got my car all detailed up for Carlise today, figured now would be a good time to post the pics of what the car looked like when I got it. Sure has come along way in 9 months!

View attachment 670915

View attachment 670916

View attachment 670917

View attachment 670918

View attachment 670922

View attachment 670923

View attachment 670924

View attachment 670925

View attachment 670927
300's came standard with bucket seats.
But the bench seat was still king.
So, Chrysler offered the bench from the Newport Custom and gave a credit to the bottom line when ordered.

300's came standard with bucket seats.
But the bench seat was still king.
So, Chrysler offered the bench from the Newport Custom and gave a credit to the bottom line when ordered.
That’s cool! Never realized they came standard with buckets.

I have those shortys also. Love 'em.
FWIW - if you still have the non-TNT cam in there, I doubt you'll gain much with 3" exh except for more noise.
The motors is actually pretty well built up.

-.30 over
-aluminum heads/intake
-“Mild comp cam” (I wasn’t told exact specs)
-Msd ignition
-The car was set up for Nos when I got it, but I took it off
Etc etc..

It was nice to meet you! The cars looked great together!! Sorry we didn’t get a chance to say bye.

You too. I just wish that Dwayne had been there with his gold 68 too, it would've been epic! Best of luck with your 300! I'm glad to see younger fellows take an interest in these cars.

I don't know if we'll be going in 2025. We've gone the last 5 years so thinking it might be time to take a break. It's the heat--it really saps the energy and enthusiasm out of me. I wish they'd trade the dates around with the other manufacturers sometimes. Maybe they figure us Mopar guys are the toughest of the bunch and can deal with it!

If only I was younger! This texas heat on 62 yearold self makes it hard for me to get out in my shop with no air and do alot at it for very long! My son keeps tellin me, Dad, youll get it done.....Ive been to carlise twice and grew up in the finger lakes region of new york so I know how the heat and humidity came be. Stay safe.

Back