For Sale 1968 fury 4-spd $28.000.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=2]28.000[/h]
, 3 rear ends with wheels, used hood, 3 fenders, grill, 383 bare block, 440 bare block, 6 sets of heads, 5 high performance, 1 regular, factory books, dealer service manual, and regular parts book, needs a battery
wtf?

2786182_382890547110008_Orig.jpg

2786182_382890545439594_Orig.jpg

There's that hose again.

wtf?

That was my first thought too. 28k and no battery included. Tough seller. :)

2786182_382890547110008_Orig.jpg

2786182_382890545439594_Orig.jpg

That's a damn fine looking automobile there

but not $28K worth of damn fine
A few years ago I chased after a 68 Fury 4 speed w/air. It was beautifly restored by a group of friends for a guy dying of Cancer. I waited some time after his death out of respect and put in a very high offer. The car's caretaker kept holding off by saying he was going to wait for Carlisle to see what he could get. This car was perfect with the best of everything to make it look showroom stock
A German at Carlisle stole it from me for just $15.5, just a grand or so more than I could go.

A few years ago I chased after a 68 Fury 4 speed w/air. It was beautifly restored by a group of friends for a guy dying of Cancer. I waited some time after his death out of respect and put in a very high offer. The car's caretaker kept holding off by saying he was going to wait for Carlisle to see what he could get. This car was perfect with the best of everything to make it look showroom stock
A German at Carlisle stole it from me for just $15.5, just a grand or so more than I could go.

So your very high offer was under $14.5K? Not picking just checking becuase from what you described I would have thought it would have gone for more than it did

That's it. My '78 NYBS is going up to the completely unrealistic price of $40K, just to compete with the madness!

I would have at least cleaned the car before posting pictures....:eek:ops:
Maybe even hung a pine tree air freshner!!

So your very high offer was under $14.5K? Not picking just checking becuase from what you described I would have thought it would have gone for more than it did
I was dealing with a friend of the family who had physical possession of the car. I never felt that the car really was for sale and the intention was always that it would be going to Carlisle maybe with the intention of raffling it with the proceeds going to some Cancer Charity.

I just found the pic of it.
100_6227.jpg

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7192.0;wap2

No reverse light on the dash, probably added the Hurst Shifter and took the inland out.

I was dealing with a friend of the family who had physical possession of the car. I never felt that the car really was for sale and the intention was always that it would be going to Carlisle maybe with the intention of raffling it with the proceeds going to some Cancer Charity.

I just found the pic of it.
100_6227.jpg

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7192.0;wap2

Awesome looking car. Got any more pictures of it Stan?

It really went to Europe?

There's a few more floating around on the internet.
Yes, it really went overseas buy a gentleman who saw it at Carlisle and was the high offer of 15-5.
As told to me when I inquired again right after Carlisle to offer 14-5.....
I have never heard anything more about the car so is it really overseas? I am assuming it is until someone has more info.

Carston, do some snooping around. lol

Mopar collectors guide did an article on that 67 fury III a few years back. I know the guys friend who helped him restore it, and ultimately sold it after John passed away. I can get in touch with him about some more pics of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back