For Sale 1968 Fury upper control arms and front drum brakes - free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusmbl

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hoping somebody local to Detroit can use these. Have a complete set of front drums, shoes, backing plates, wheel cylinders, etc from my '68 Fury. I put Wilwoods on it 3 years ago and am realistically never going back to the drums so they're up for grabs if anyone can use them. They were in perfect working order, just bolt on and go.

Also have both upper control arms - bushings aren't the greatest, ball joints are ok but I'd probably replace those too.

Car came from out west, everything is rust free.

Again, free to a good home, hoping for local pickup in Detroit but I can also potentially deliver to Pittsburgh or Milwaukee if you can wait a while.

Thanks,
Nick
blusmbl@yahoo.com or PM here.

Not related to the sale specifically, but how do you find the wilwoods? Which kit did you use? stock master cylinder or wilwood one?

Not related to the sale specifically, but how do you find the wilwoods? Which kit did you use? stock master cylinder or wilwood one?

I'm really happy with them, I don't think I'd use them on a daily driver but for a weekends only type vehicle they work great. They don't have dust sheilds or rubber boots over the pistons for dust/dirt intrusion.

I have the entry level Dynalite kit up front with 11" rotors and the 11" Dynapro kit in the rear with parking brake. It stops better and more consistently than with the drums, I'd do it again for that, along with the weight savings. The next size up in rotors might not fit 15" wheels anymore so that's why I stuck with the 11" rotors.

I used a later C body disc/drum master cylinder and still have the stock booster, but I have a vacuum pump to run the brakes because my car's camshaft is large enough it doesn't produce enough vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back