1968 Imperial Steering column assembly

Dartman67

Reaction score
I've got a 1968 Imperial with tilt and telescoping wheel. Started working on vacuum parking brake release and reverse light switch. Pulled steering column and discovered that the bottom bushing was not engaged so shaft wiggled about and no amount of adjustment at the switch would help. At a glance I can't see a way to engage bushing its at least a 1/4 - 1/2 inch out. I know someone out there has done this before and I need a little help please.

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

I don't know if this will help or not. jholst.net Chrysler 300 Resources Page Go about 2/3 down the page and open the "300K Tilt Wheel Service Manual". That gives you the GM (they are GM columns) manual on the columns. This is a tilt only column, but it may have some detail that will help.

I still need to fix this in my silver car but I did finally get a parts column that still had all the pieces.

IMG_6406.jpeg

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6408.jpeg

IMG_6409.jpeg

Would you have a picture of front and back of the switch? I'm thinking my switch no longer has the return spring connected to the little arm

Would you have a picture of front and back of the switch? I'm thinking my switch no longer has the return spring connected to the little arm
I can get some more pictures tomorrow.

Back