1968 plymouTh fury III

stu’s68furyiiirat

Reaction score
I need help I’m trying to take bulkhead loose in fire wall to get ready for paint and ammeter bypass it has 4spring clips on it and locking tabs on connectors any help would be great thank you

IMG_5898.jpeg

the plugs have tabs on each side with a square hole in the center...there are small bumps on the bulkhead that these clip onto ...small screwdrivers to pry the tabs outward to unclip them...not too far cause you don't want to break off the tabs,you may need to push the plug towards the firewall to take off any tension so they unclip easier...then just pull the plug off...I believe the metal clips that hold the bulkhead fitting into the firewall just need to be pushed towards the fitting so it can slip into the interior....edit...checked my parts car...if you push down on the 2 top metal clips with a long screwdriver you can just tilt the top inside and once its inside you can lift it off the lowers

Last edited:
the plugs have tabs on each side with a square hole in the center...there are small bumps on the bulkhead that these clip onto ...small screwdrivers to pry the tabs outward to unclip them...not too far cause you don't want to break off the tabs,you may need to push the plug towards the firewall to take off any tension so they unclip easier...then just pull the plug off...I believe the metal clips that hold the bulkhead fitting into the firewall just need to be pushed towards the fitting so it can slip into the interior
Ok thank you so much I’ll try it this weekend and thanks again

Back