For Sale 1969 Chrysler 300 coupe on Dallas craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post the pics and words from the ads .. they get gone quite soon

00T0T_hmqKlAR21Ho_600x450.jpg

I have three car that I need gone. One is a 1969 Chrysler 300 all original parts and 440 motor car runs and drives. The second car is a 67 thunder bird. This car also runs and drives with a 350 motor last car is a 54 bel air I bought car to restore and went to another project. My shop was burned in a fire so I do not have titles on car but will give all info you need to get them. Call or text
show contact info

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

The 300 looks like it may be A4 which would be super sharp .. looks nice but depending on how much of the $7,500 he's asking for all 3 he want's for it may be worthy ??

also no titles ouch

00T0T_hmqKlAR21Ho_600x450.jpg

That Thunderbird looks flucking rediculous!

Wheels under the T-bird is another ouch...

No titles, $7500 is far too much to ask IMHO.

LOL Matt and I seemed to notice the T-bird at the same time!

As for the titles it is not that hard to get replacement titles done. Most of the DMV stuff needed in Texas is online-I have done it in a day here.

Yes sir, I understood $7500 for all 3... I still think it's little high for all of them without titles.

If he really wants to sell those cars, he should get titles for all of them - or reduce the price.

But it's good to know you can get a title with some effort, thanks.

No titles, $7500 is far too much to ask IMHO.

Agreed, he makes it sound like the titles were burned........if they were he should be able to get replacements unless the cars were not in his name, in which case he is at fault. lucky to get 1/2 of that, supposedly a Broadway title is hard to get nowadays and cost around $800.

I think the color of the 300 is Y4 or Y5 (gold) but tough to exactly tell from the pic.

Agreed, he makes it sound like the titles were burned........if they were he should be able to get replacements unless the cars were not in his name, in which case he is at fault. lucky to get 1/2 of that, supposedly a Broadway title is hard to get nowadays and cost around $800.

I think the color of the 300 is Y4 or Y5 (gold) but tough to exactly tell from the pic.

I have no clue what a Broadway title but I do know my state and how to get a title and it darn sure doesn't cost $800.

And when you sell a car in Texas if the seller does not have the title he is not obliged to give it to you or replace it. Regular folks do it. In fact salvage yards in our state sell cars all the time without titles - all they have to prove is a good faith effort to contact the owner-usually by certified mail. If that don't work they file the paperwork with the proof of contact and when the car is bought all of that goes with it.

When you get that you apply for a duplicate title with that paperwork and pay the proper fee which is based on the standard presumptive value .

From the Texas DMV website.

" A used vehicle's SPV is available on the TxDMV website at www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/titles/std_presumptive_value; however, the taxable value is calculated by the county tax assessor-collector on the day of titling and registration. Tax is calculated on the greater of the actual sales price or 80 percent of the SPV shown for that day.

In addition to vehicles sold by dealers, the SPV calculation does not apply to salvage vehicles; abandoned vehicles; vehicles sold through storage or mechanic's liens; vehicles eligible for classic car and classic truck license plates; vehicles transferred in even trades; vehicles transferred via eligible gift; or vehicles sold by Texas governmental entities or the United States."

But the loophole in this deal would be this: if the car is over 25 years you do not get taxed on that - you get taxed on the purchase price which on that car at let's say $3000 is $187.50 in taxes.

You guys in Texas have it made, up in PA you cannot get a title for a car unless it is a repl for a car already in your name........and a car outside your name needs a notarized title or you cannot transfer it into your name. AAA even gave me hell when I sold a car several years ago that was going out of state, she said she could not notarize my name w/o the buyer being there, argued for 10 mins before she came around......what a f---ing pain in the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back