1970 Fury Headlight Delay

MONC440

Reaction score
So I have been doing some work on my 70 Sport Fury and I got around to hooking up the headlight switch. I turned the switch on and the high and low work as they should, then I turn the lights off and they stayed on for about 60 seconds and turned off. I didn't know it had a delay, so that's cool. The buzzer also works if the lights are on and the key is off. I then was doing some other electrical work and had to turn the ignition on and when I turned the key off the headlights came on for a delay and turned off. The headlight switch was off at the time so I want to know if this is normal? Seems a little odd that the lights would come on for a delay anytime the key was turned off.

I also hooked the high and dim lights to work with relays but that should have nothing to do with the delay function. All I did was wire the relays to be triggered by the original high and low wire and the power to the lights comes straight from the battery.

Any thoughts?

The only time delay I knew of on my '70 Monaco was for the light that shines on the ignition key. Might check the "Library" at www.hamtramck-historical.com for the 1970 Plymouth Data Book "features" section?

Does the car have "Twilight Sentinel" automatic hi-beam dimming?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

The only time delay I knew of on my '70 Monaco was for the light that shines on the ignition key. Might check the "Library" at www.hamtramck-historical.com for the 1970 Plymouth Data Book "features" section?

Does the car have "Twilight Sentinel" automatic hi-beam dimming?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Ok thanks I will check it out. I don’t know what Twilight Sentinel is or if this car had it. I know it is a high option car but the fender tag as well as the built sheet is missing.

Back