For Sale 1970 Plymouth Fury Convertible 440 cid

Status
Not open for further replies.
00I0I_5lDCHaf1vEO_600x450.jpg

Has faux woodgrain wheel, A/C in a vert, maybe power winders, cruise control, dual snorkel, Rallyes, and maybe a clock

1970 Plymouth Fury Convertible. Mopar. - $9500 (Manheim)
image 5 of 5

00Y0Y_iWecg3DKPN1_600x450.jpg

00n0n_axK0XZsGhBA_600x450.jpg

00L0L_aDkPVXaOWVQ_600x450.jpg

FuryIII convertible. 440 big block. New top. New BF Goodrich tires. Great driver. Owned for 20 years.

Wow!! If that is only worth $9,500 then I'm wasting money on my car.

Don't ever do it for the money.
I understand completely ... and don't do it for the money. But still, I would think a car like this would go for $15-20K, unless there are a bunch of hidden problems. I know I won't ever make a profit on my car, but I do like to think that some of the money will come back if I ever sell.

would like to hear Bills take on this car..if its a originall 440 car may be 1 of 13-14 known

would like to hear Bills take on this car..if its a originall 440 car may be 1 of 13-14 known
At this point, there are 7 known factory 1970 Fury III 440 convertibles. If this car has a VIN starting with PM27T0D then we will have 8 known. The car looks real, but we need to see the fender tag or dash VIN to know for sure. The paint looks good so I expect it has been repainted. The well cover for the top is probably for a '69 since it has dome fasteners instead of the clips used in 1970. The dash looks crispy which makes me wonder what is hiding under the paint on the rear quarters, rockers and the rear lower front fenders. It is an AC car. Of the 7 currently verified T0D cars, mine is the only one without AC. When I ordered it I couldn't conceive why one would need AC in a convertible. High altitude strong UV combined with a black roof and black interior answered that question quickly.
If the body is rust free, the VIN starts with PM27T0D, the engine and trans are factory with match serial numbers, then it's worth the asking price.

00L0L_aDkPVXaOWVQ_1200x900.jpg

2 vacuum reservoirs on the left fender well. Is that just something I've never noticed?

No dome fasteners in 69. Clips started in 69 along with the fuselage body style.
Interesting. I know my '68 had them and I've seen a bunch '70 verts with them, so I assumed the owners used '69 covers by mistake. Maybe they couldn't source the clips so they converted to domes.

One vacuum tank appears to have its hose routed to the lower front/frame rail area. I assume one is for the heat/AC controls, could the other be for a power trunk?

It's on the wrong side of the country for me. I emailed the owner and he said it is a factory 440.

Hi all,

just an update

I'm actually in contact with the owner and pretty serious on it at this point, trying to get some more photos downloaded. I also emailed Gary since I know he's planning to go Carlisle. Wanted to get his thoughts as well.(he graciously offered me to go with him, but I'm got commitments, as I wasn't planning on going due to cost.)
Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back